Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. chris

Trusted Supporter

this delicate flower quest is a nightmare

2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That’s one thing I never attempted.

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i can't even go one screen without taking damage, let alone halfway across the map ???

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

Did the White Palace tonight, hands down the toughest platforming of the game. Doing the Grimm Troupe stuff now and it's pretty cool so far

beat it on my 4th try. helps to have the charm you get for finding all the grubs (makes your nail shoot projectiles at full health), or to go through your route once and kill all the enemies then go back through with the flower without sitting at a bench. It's annoying as hell

AndrewSoup likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

In the middle of getting hammered by watcher knights. Pray for me

chris likes this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

FUCK
    FUCK
    FUCK
    FUCK
    FUCK

this is fun

AndrewSoup, yung_ting, chris and 3 others like this.
  7. yung_ting

Trusted

Wait did you do Path of Pain? I did the White Palace and had a blast but won’t even attempt PoP lol

8. chris

Trusted Supporter

wasn't aware of Path of Pain , just looked up a video and I already wanna die. How naive I was

yung_ting likes this.
  9. chris

Trusted Supporter

also Nightmare King Grimm is...frustrating

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. yung_ting

Trusted

Seriously, White Palace struck the right balance of enjoyable and infuriating. That part just looks...absurd. It’s an optional secret though so I wasn’t trying to belittle your achievement haha, just wanted to make sure you didn’t mean PoP because I would have had a lot of questions as to how you put yourself through that lol

chris likes this.
  11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Look up speedruns of path of pain. Unbelieveable

yung_ting and chris like this.
  12. yung_ting

Trusted

Also pretty incredible that they put the time into making something so fucking evil that isn’t even necessary to do in terms of progression or endings. Like, they made a platforming gauntlet and left it behind a hidden wall for those that want it. Just shows how cool Cherry is and how much they care about player engagement

13. chris

Trusted Supporter

looks like a lot of nail bouncing which I suck at timing, so I guess we'll see how that goes lol

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I DID IT YEESSSS

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO LADIES AND GENTS

took at least 20 tries lol.

sean_rugy likes this.
  15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

the best feeling

oldjersey likes this.
  16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay everyone so I feel like I'm really underpowered in the game so far. Um how can I ask this. What power ups are a must have by now,? I only have 6 health also. Idk.

17. yung_ting

Trusted

I used the wiki to find stuff my first playthrough when I was overwhelmed. The health isn’t easy to come by. Something I’d recommend is looking up the locations of pale ore so you can upgrade your nail, the game was so satisfying when I could just cut through minor enemies lol

18. AndrewSoup

this is fucking insane

Cameron and oldjersey like this.
  19. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah fully upgrading your nail with pale ore helps a lot, also getting more charm notches. Sharp shadow is a charm I use a lot if you have the shade cloak already.

If you have enough notches then some combo of sharp shadow + quick slash + longnail/mark of pride is pretty good for offense.

Some of those lifeblood charms are good for extra HP until you've collected more masks also

oldjersey likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay cool just got some pale oar for my second upgrade gonna see if I can get one more.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah! That was the first one I watched iIwas watching it live

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hmm looks like I can't get another pale ore yet but soon

23. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

you need two for the next upgrade anyways

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Thank god you mentioned shade cloak, just got it and it's a game changer.

AndrewSoup and sean_rugy like this.
  25. AndrewSoup

for anyone new to the game, the Hollow Knight wiki is a great resource (story spoilers beware)