Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

For the bosses I had faced, idk which ones, I got up to where you get the double jump, it took me at the most about 10 tries and then I would have the pattern down and beat them pretty convincingly. I'd imagine that's the theme for most of the game.

sean_rugy likes this.
  2. chris

Trusted Supporter

made me wanna throw my switch out a window, infuriating boss

edit: They change jump direction mid-air! I'm angry again

AndrewSoup, sean_rugy and yung_ting like this.
  3. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

If you're halfway through you can definitely handle it. You don't have to do everything in the core game or fight all the bosses to beat it. Some of them are a pain in the ass but it's just learning the patterns. The most difficult tasks/battles are not required.

Getting 112% is insane though.

oldjersey likes this.
  4. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

yup, more or less. I think you'll get through it. also getting right charm combinations to give you an edge in the fight helped me a lot. if I got stuck on someone I'd rethink what I had equipped and adjust.

oldjersey likes this.
  5. yung_ting

Trusted

1) git gud
    2) cheese the boss with an aggro charm set

6. sean_rugy

some of Hornet's movement reminds me of Ori

7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Basically the proces for me on every boss was to die immediately the first few times, get a bit better but still lose over and over again, be convinced it’s impossible and rage quit, try again a few minutes later and win. Don’t give up!

But also screw level 3 of the coliseum that shit is impossible.

8. sean_rugy

just checked and I stopped at 101% with 66 hours played. it’s time to try and wrap this up.

9. I only finished the first most basic ending and then ran out of steam after really enjoying putting 40 or so hours into it

Pumped for the sequel

10. Yeah I got through the most basic ending, then put about 10 or so hours into the Grimm Troupe and called it quits at the Nightmare Grimm. All in all I think I put about 70 hours in. Reeeeeeal excited for Silksong

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Silksong isn’t coming to PS4 tho right?

12. yung_ting

Trusted

Just not at launch

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Of course where I left off is right before the watcher knights, lmao. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

15. yung_ting Feb 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2019)
    yung_ting

Trusted

Hot tip: explore right before you go into the fight for a big hidden advantage

oldjersey and sean_rugy like this.
  16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

yeah, i'm still grinding for Geo so i can get the Unbreakable Strength before fighting Watcher Knight again. shit was pissing me off, lol.

17. brothemighty

Trusted

Goddamn of course they went and made a whole 'nother game, couldn't help themselves

Bless Team Cherry for eternity

18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

just got through most of Fungul Wastes and got the Mantis Claw. i feel like i am very good at this game and can’t wait for it to probably prove me wrong and destroy me shortly

yung_ting and sean_rugy like this.
  19. BHS1985

Ended up grabbing that this week because it was on sale on the Nintendo shop. Liking it better than Axiom Verge so far but obviously can’t wait now for Silksong.

20. Shrek

i beat the Soul Master and got the Desolate Dive last night, about how far in am i? for a story clear, not the extra stuff

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

started my 112% playthrough last night, man I love this game so much

22. AndrewSoup

i'm honestly not sure. i just watched a speedrun of the game and the person didn't even get Desolate Dive so it's not really required to get to the ending.

23. Shrek

took like ten tries but got through the Watcher Knights this morning. super satisfying fight.

loudasallgetout, sean_rugy and chris like this.
  24. chris

Trusted Supporter

Found out this morning how easy that fight is if you have the sharp shadow charm.

Beat them in my first try whereas my last run it took like 15 lol

sean_rugy likes this.
  25. AndrewSoup

oh yeah; i just finally fucking beat Watcher Knight. i grinded til i could get the Unbreakable Strength charm then i fucking cleared it. tried fighting the Hollow Knight and died of course. i wanna see if i can get multiple endings.