Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i'm in a pickle. in Crystal Peak at the area you find Cornifer, you can use the Crystal Heart ability to get across the chasms, but i've gotten to a point now where i can't really get any further. i think i'm stuck in both directions and i honestly don't know how to get out of here, lol

EDIT; wait, nevermind, didn't realize you could use it off a wall, hahah

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  2. I just got the Crystal Heart too. Opens up so much of the map!

I'm exploring Deepnest now and it's got me on edge haha

AndrewSoup likes this.
  3. AndrewSoup

i've heard a little about Deepnest and i'm excited/nervous to find wherever the hell that is, hahah

i just went to the Ancient Basin and beat the boss there; got his spell and returned to Forgotten Crossroads and holy crap is this getting creepy

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I was going to buy this game for my brother on PS4 as a Christmas gift but apparently you can't seem to be able to do that with digital downloads on the Playstation store....Any suggestions? Other than just giving him the money and telling him he has to buy it.

5. AndrewSoup

i just lost 4000 geo :) and not even from dying on a boss

loudasallgetout likes this.
  6. Got to the last Dreamer and beat the Hollow Knight today. Excited to explore some of these extra endings now, but also getting a little sad that the game is nearing the end!

7. In other news, fuuuuuck the White Palace. It’s cool that this game suddenly turned into an awesome Mario-like obstacle course but fuuuuck this place lol

8. clucky

Trusted Supporter

lol i remember that bit from my last playthrough

doing it again on the switch and there have been bits i remember being super hard that i didn't have any problems with this time around so gonna be interesting how that bit goes

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

There’s some charms that make that area 100% beatable.

10. Oh I got through it, just took a while! Grubsong saved my ass left and right haha. Started the Path Of Pain immediately after though and noped outta there after 5 minutes, I’ll go back to it eventually but man I can only take so much frustration in one night lol

11. AndrewSoup

I took down two Dreamers recently; i'm still finding so many places i have to backtrack to. there's still 2 bosses kicking the shit out of me though, Traitor Lord and then the big spiked roller things in the Watcher's Spire before i can reach the final Dreamer.
    i am losing my MIND with Traitor Lord tho, i watched a video on a strategy to beat him but i still am failing wildly.

12. The Watcher Knights took a lot of tries for me too, but I actually had a really easy time taking down Traitor Lord. It’s kinda funny, what I’ve found in getting some of my friends to play this game is that the most difficult bosses are different depending on who you ask.

Which reminds me.... I still have to go back to Failed Champion at some point. It’s absurd how quickly I lose to that boss if I’m not playing heavily on defense

13. AndrewSoup

oh, are they called the Watcher Knights? i feel like i could beat them if i was fighting just one at a time. with two it throws my whole timing off especially cuz the two of them tend to do that one rolling straight/one bouncing attack combo constantly

14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think watched knights was the one that game me the hardest time. Other than The Radiance which I haven’t even beaten yet though admittedly only tried like 4 times.

15. I knowww, I’d blow through the first one in the blink of an eye and then suddenly two would wake up and I wouldnt stand a chance. I think I used (charms spoiler tagged in case anyone doesn’t want to see strategy tips) Grubsong, Thorns Of Agony, Quick Slash, and Defender’s Crest and just went in super heavy on offense, and after a few tries that worked.

16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Ttere may or may not be a room above the fight room that’s valuable to explore before the fight too...

17. AndrewSoup

just returned to this after a long period of not playing. was immediately reminded it's unforgivingness. managed to beat Traitor Lord after a while though!!!
    fighting the Watcher Knights again and holy shit i am losing my fucking mind lol
    i went to that secret room above and dropped the chandelier on one of them but i'm still not able to finish the whole fight. i always die on the last two.

18. I got to Nightmare King Grimm and then.... Smash came out. I’ll definitely return to this someday but for now I’m pretty satisfied with my 94% completion, considering everything left to do just relentlessly kicks my ass over and over again anyway

19. AndrewSoup

i just wanna get to the last damn dreamer!!

20. I'm usually a completionist, but I had to force myself not to mess with the Godmaster content. I can't even imagine how many hours it would take me to complete that. Too many other games in the backlog haha. I'll hang it up at 108%. What a great game.

21. brothemighty

Trusted

The Godmaster stuff is mainly for Twitch/Youtube no-hit speedrunner deities anyway

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've watched some of those speedruns, trying their tactics, but I can't even come close to doing what they do.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hopefully I’ll be starting this soon. About to be wrapping up either RDR2 or DQXI, and I’ve been eyeing this for a while.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  24. BHS1985

Anyone have any other recommendations for Metroidvanias? I tried Axiom Verge right after beating this but it wasn’t nearly hooking me the way this game did.

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Bummer because that's exactly what I would have suggested. Or The Messenger.