Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. shea

RIP Supporter

I must have died 30-35 times before I realized you have to use the downward strike on Hornet. After that I died another 15-20 times before finally winning. I need to pick this back up...I got really demoralized that the second boss I encountered was that hard and quit..lol.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Been trying to get through boss rush and the last part of the Colosseum to no avail.

3. brothemighty

Trusted

I love this game. I've put in 78 hours and I haven't even done the Grimm Troupe stuff. Probably won't ever do any Godmaster junk, I hate boss rush modes and the bosses alone were frustrating (but eventually satisfying) enough as it is

4. Had to palate cleanse for a couple weeks with some other games but came back to this over the weekend. Unlocked the Tram and spent a good solid hour terrified of dying anywhere because I couldn’t find a bench anywhere. Finally made my way to this Colosseum thing, probably on my 20th try now with the first challenge

5. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

You might wanna go back to the Colosseum a little later after you've upgraded your nail more/got some more masks

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Especially considering the first round of the colosseum is a joke compared the the second and third ;)

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The third is so fucking frustrating. I cannot deal with the part with no floor. I got to the boss twice with like two hearts.

8. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i'm still so angry i can't get the timing right on this Hornet fight (and this is only the FIRST fight with her!! i'mma have to go through this again!!!)

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Do you have the charge attack yet? That makes every boss fight a lot easier

10. AndrewSoup

nah, just the spirit blast thing. i don't think i can get anything else right now until i beat her (this is where i get dash)
    i'm just misjudging when i need to jump over her (cuz then SHE jumps into me) and shit like that.

11. brothemighty

Trusted

Keep at it. This game rewards tenacity with satisfying power boosts. It's kind of a bummer you apparently know what the upgrades to come are, though. IMO it's a better experience not knowing what's ahead.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  12. AndrewSoup

i mean i saw a lot of it from the games trailer, haha

13. trevorshmevor Nov 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 6, 2018)
    Well took everyone’s advice and ditched the Colosseum for now. Luckily I found Cornifer shortly after venturing back out so at least I’ll be able to find my way back when I’m ready!

I decided to keep rummaging through Deepnest and found myself mixed up in that whole crazy spider place lol. Found my way to the Dreamer over there and then got out as soon as I could afterward. That was a fucked up way to spend an hour and a half right before sleeping haha

14. AndrewSoup

OH MY GOD I FINALLY FUCKING BEAT HORNET FINALLY AHHHHHHH

Henry, shea, trevorshmevor and 2 others like this.
  15. Got crystal heart the other day and I’ve been FLYIN

yung_ting likes this.
  16. But fuuuuuck Lost Kin

17. AndrewSoup

sometimes wandering aimlessly aka getting lost as shit ends up advancing my progress so much, lol.
    after getting the Mantis Claw/wall jump i wandered into the City of Tears, then got lost and somehow ended up in the Resting Grounds, and i stumbled upon the Dream Nail!!
    i love this game

18. I'm about 20 hours into this and I constantly feel like I've reached a point where every path I haven't explored requires some new ability or has a boss that I'm way too underpowered to defeat. But somehow I always end up stumbling into a new area every time I play. Pretty impressive.

trevorshmevor and AndrewSoup like this.
  19. At 42 hours in this may sound sad but I’m really just learning how crucial the downwards strike is against enemies. I haven’t gotten the timing down quite yet but I’m battling Hornet right now in Kingdom’s Edge and I’ll take any little hit I can get

AndrewSoup likes this.
  20. AndrewSoup

that downward strike is essential. i'm fighting the Soul Master right now and i got SO angry last night i threw my controller, lol.
    i came so close to beating him the first time, and every subsequent attempt has gone worse than the last.

21. God damn that thing was infuriating. I felt like every time I fought that guy it was me just chasing him around until I eventually died

22. AndrewSoup

the most annoying part is i'm trying to get to him with full health+the two extra lifeblood hitpoints i get from that charm but having to get past like 3 Soul Twisters is SO annoying. cuz i'm guaranteed to lose my extra health if i stop and fight them all.

(i keep wanting to say "hearts" when referring to my hit points/health, lol)

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. I didn't realize until way too late how to use the map markers. I keep coming across bosses that I skipped over earlier and would have never remembered if I wasn't combing through the map again. Just fought the Mantis Lords.

24. AndrewSoup

came across them once exploring the area. saw the prompt that said "challenge," knew i shouldn't. did it anyway. died immediately.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  25. trevorshmevor Nov 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2018)
    Ugh, tell me about it. I used so many of those things early on when I thought I was further in the game than I was on dumb things that I never needed to return to or would’ve known exactly how to get back to anyway

Patterns in Traffic likes this.