Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I got the abilities that let me double jump and swim in the acid water. The world is so much easier to explore now.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have three of the masks but can't beat the rolling beetles. There isn't anything left for me to do but get past that damn part. Ugh.

SpyKi likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

They were the most annoying part of the whole game for me.

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

have you done path of pain

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Not yet, haha. I needed a break after finishing the main game. I've seen some videos though and it's pretty daunting.

Joel likes this.
  6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Spent a combined 3 hours trying to beat The Watcher Knight’s and that Kin dude. Couldn’t do it.

7. Just got to those little rolly mushroom dudes and I gotta say, very cool they got Owen Wilson to do voice work on this game

mirrorsandfevers and xapplexpiex like this.
  8. I feel like this game just got crazy hard out of nowhere haha. I just spent a half hour screaming at my handheld and repeatedly losing all of my currency. I’m in King’s Station right now and have what feels like a billion different routes to take — it’s overwhelming

9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I've been stuck on the very first part of this game since I got it a month ago. I suck at this game but I'm determined.

10. The Royal Waterways and the Flukemarm are destroying me currently

11. yung_ting

Trusted

That area always made me so uncomfortable, I hate those enemies that mutate and chase you lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. For REAL. I started it last night while it was really dark in my living room — the tall dudes that run at you freaked me out enough but I legit screamed when it broke apart into two and the little dog thing ran at me

yung_ting likes this.
  13. yung_ting

Trusted

deeply unchill, indeed

If you're there, I assume you've already been to (but just in case) Deepnest? first time I encountered a Stalking Devout I was fucking terrified

14. I think I’ve seen the location name come up, but I don’t think I’ve encountered that creature yet!

15. yung_ting

Trusted

good luck to you

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So happy this is on the PS4 now.

SpyKi and xapplexpiex like this.
  17. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

ay, i just got this game recently. i'm only like 3/4 hours in and i am HOOKED.
    it's been pretty challenging at parts but i'm getting the hang of it, broken joycon and all lol.

i'm at a point now where i'm kinda stuck and not sure where to go though. i really need to find out where to get a dash+wall jump ability cause there are parts of the map i can't get to without those

18. yung_ting

Trusted

What area are you currently in?

19. AndrewSoup

i actually found a way forward last night! lol, i got access to Greenpath and thought i couldn't go any further but i just didn't see one of the platforms i needed to cut down

yung_ting likes this.
  20. AndrewSoup

whelp, i cannot fucking beat Hornet (boss of Greenpath)
    like, i have died at least 4/5 times now. I know her moves but just can't seem to find a rhythm in avoiding attacks then hitting her.

21. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Dying 4/5 times is nothing. Complain when you die 30 times lol. Just keep trying. I bet all of a sudden you’ll crush her without getting hit.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  22. I died at the mantis bosses probably like 25 times, shit was rough. Flukemarm was so hard that I had to look it up online to find out if it was a necessary boss to beat to proceed with the game or not lol. It wasn’t so I gave up and went elsewhere.

23. yung_ting Oct 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2018)
    yung_ting

Trusted

Probably took me 10 times but on second playthrough beat her first try. You'll get better, just gotta be patient and learn patterns!

AndrewSoup likes this.
  24. AndrewSoup

i keep messing up when trying to jump over her (i'm assuming Hornet's a girl) and do a downward strike. i just can't get the timing of dodging around her yet.
    but i honestly love the challenge of the game; i can tell it's not impossible i just need to work on my reflexes. i'm so early in the game i can't imagine how much steeper it's about to get, lol

25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The best advice I give for this game is to just skip parts and come back to them later. You’ll get more upgrades, health meter, and more that’ll make it a lot easier.

SpyKi likes this.