Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Damn. I feel like I spent more than 7 hours on some of the bosses. There was so many moments in this game where I almost gave up in frustration but then eventually pulled through and was so happy. Beating the radiance a few months ago was probably one of the happiest moments in my video game career. I wrote it off as something impossible I’d never be able to do and then I randomly did it one night without any practice.

Can’t wait for silksong.

jpmalone4 likes this.
  2. brothemighty

Trusted

Have no idea when Silksong will come out. Ari Gibson is a demigod but it feels like they're pulling out all the stops regardless

Remember guys, it's just two people

Contender likes this.
  3. Just started the first Ori. I didn’t realize how similar these two games were to one other, haha. Been playing about three hours and am a little over 20% into the game though and it’s been fun so far

yung_ting, sean_rugy and Contender like this.
  4. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

just wait for Will of the Wisps, it’s even better. it’s my GOTY.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

They are so different yet feel inseparable for me, possibly the two greatest metroidvanias ever made

6. I ran a search on here last night for Ori posts when I was on the fence, and the post you made in the Video Game thread just after you’d finished playing The Blind Forest is what made me finally pull the trigger haha. So good looks! Amped about there being a sequel to dive into when I’m done

sean_rugy likes this.
  7. Yeah I can tell they’re definitely pretty different in a lot of ways. Enjoying the more whimsical feel of this game and the more strategy-based rooms. There’s still a fair amount of exploring, but I’m way less overwhelmed than I was by the sheer amount of dead ends HK constantly throws at the player. The parallels are undeniable though, but I love HK so much that it’s more of a bonus for me

8. brothemighty

Trusted

OOOO YEAH WE BACK LET'S GO GIRLS

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

DOES THAT MEAN FEB 2021 RELEASE DATE IDK WHAT IM LOOKIN AT

10. chris

Trusted Supporter

omg

11. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

sweating

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Gimme

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Getting back in. Took out Mantis Lords. Was messing around trying to get the the gate open between Fungal Wastes, and City of Tears. Apparently I need the city crest which False Knight drops.....I’ve taken him out a while ago. Went back to his body, and nothing is there. Went to google, and I’m apparently not the only one. Weird. Not a big deal I’ve already been, and completed a lot of CoT. Just would be nice to have that shortcut.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

How many people played the Voidheart edition? About to start my 3rd playthrough but 1st on this version.

i was surprised how much new content is on this one.

15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i was under the impression that buying the game anywhere would include ALL versions/updates that Team Cherry have done. what platform are you playing on?
    i got it on Switch, which includes all 4 dlc updates, which is what i think Voidheart is

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lol yup, you are correct.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Aren’t all the updates just like boss rushes and challenge rooms? There’s not any new areas are there?

18. AndrewSoup

i envy people who got to fight Traitor Lord pre-update. that fight took me ages to beat.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think there is one new area, that nightmare platforming area. Idk though

20. AndrewSoup

there aren't new areas, but there's new bosses, updated bosses (i.e. their moves, new abilities), polished a lot of the gameplay and sound design, fixing various bugs and stuff like that.
    i looked up some footage of the game back when it first came out and it's such a noticeable difference!

I Am Mick likes this.
  21. AndrewSoup

oh, yeah, i guess that technically counts, hahah

22. brothemighty

Trusted

Alright what's going on here? Are the boys feeling the pressure for this one? Millions more eyes on them than the first time they put out a game? Or is this their default non-kickstarted fuck-you money state? Why two years of radio silence

Put out a statement guys

23. AndrewSoup

mossbag puts it pretty well (if you wanna get quickly to the relevant part on why things are taking longer, it's at the 3:30 mark)

24. Philll

Trusted

I'm getting back in to this again after taking a break. I've never been very good, even the early bosses like Hornet and Soul Master took me a good 12-15 attempts, so I'd kinda told myself I wasn't cut out for this game. That said, I just beat Broken Vessel on my 4th attempt. Does that mean I'm getting better? How does that bode for me finishing out the game?

AndrewSoup likes this.
  25. AndrewSoup

sure does! honestly, i don't remember exactly how long it took me to beat most of the bosses but i def struggled with most of them for ages lol
    eventually your reaction time starts to adapt and you start catching on to the tells and boss patterns

Philll likes this.