Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hollow Knight Video Game • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

When parts of a walkway or area start to tremble slightly like you could break through it to obtain a new area....how/when do I unlock that ability?

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

You mean the ground trembles when you walk over it? You need the Desolate Dive -- basically a ground pound. If you've made it to the City of Tears, beating the boss there gives you the ability

Cameron likes this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I was JUST about to ask if I should tackle Mantis Lords or the CoT mini boss(whom I’m struggling with)/boss first?

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Sorry but I'm forgetting what you're immediately able to do after beating the Mantis Lords, bc from what I remember they are moreso just a mini boss who you have to beat to get to other areas. Is the CoT boss you're struggling with Soul Master -- the frog looking guy who teleports? Bc yeah if you beat him then you get Desolate Dive. But if you're not even to him yet then yeah maybe skip it and go explore other places for now

Cameron likes this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Where is Silksonnnggggg

6. chris

Trusted Supporter

Mantis lords are maybe my favorite boss but I’m pretty sure they’re optional?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

This is correct, it gives you a charm and access to Deepnest which is obviously accessible from other spots. Agreed it’s one of the most fun fights in the game

chris and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Made a ton of progress last night. Found a whole area of Forgotten Crossroads I hadn’t explored. Got to the charm lady in the hut, and got some more charm notches/charms.

I love this game so much.

9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

can’t wait to watch this

10. chris

Trusted Supporter

oh Hell ya

11. sean_rugy

yeah, that was such a good deep dive and solidified this as my favorite game of all time.

12. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

that was great but now I want to play it again

13. sean_rugy

how many times have you gone through it?

14. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I think I’ve done like four playthroughs of the main story, but I’ve never *truly* beat it. What about you, haven’t you gotten over 100% before?

sean_rugy likes this.
  15. chris

Trusted Supporter

beat the game twice on normal playthroughs, then did a 112% run (didn't finish all the Godhome stuff or the path of pain, not that they count towards completion percentage). Would like to try a steelsoul run before silksong comes out

16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I’ve never beaten the Radiance.

17. I accepted long ago that beating the Radiance is something just simply not in the cards for me. I do not have what it takes

18. chris

Trusted Supporter

I thought pure vessel was tougher than the radiance. Never tried absolute radiance.

19. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

i thought Pure Vessel was a chump!!!

chris likes this.
  20. chris

Trusted Supporter

I can't remember which took more tries, pure vessel or nightmare king grimm. once I got a hang of the grimm fight I actually enjoyed it a lot

21. loudasallgetout Nov 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2019)
    loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Actually I just googled it and I was wrong. I was thinking of the Hollow Knight. That guy is a chump. I didn't know Pure Vessel existed. I need to do some reading.

I got rid of nightmare Grimm whatever the way was where you don't fight him. I didn't know you couldn't go back. I regret that because I wanted to fight him.

EDIT: Oh man It looks like I haven't done any of the Godmaster stuff. It's like Christmas.

trevorshmevor and chris like this.
  22. sean_rugy

I was at 101% and beat the Radiance, felt so so good.

yung_ting and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Godmaster exists just to taunt me.

24. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Just beat the Radiance for the first time now too. My heart was going so fast.

AndrewSoup and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I started playing this a few weeks ago and it just reliably kicks my butt every time I turn it on lol. It's a good lesson in patience though, I find when I try over and over successively to beat something I never can do it, but when I put it down and revisit it a day later I usually pull it off right away.

Right now stuck on the Watcher Knights though, so I'm going to finish the Trial of the Conqueror to upgrade my nail.

AndrewSoup and trevorshmevor like this.