Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Holding Absence - The Greatest Mistake of My Life (April 16, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Leftandleaving, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Leftandleaving Oct 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2020)
    Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

[​IMG]

1. awake
    2. Celebration Song
    3. Curse Me With Your Kiss
    4. Afterlife
    5. Drugs and Love
    6. In Circles
    7. nomoreroses
    8. Beyond Belief
    9. Die Alone (In Your Lover’s Arms)
    10. phantoms
    11. Mourning Song
    12. The Greatest Mistake of My Life

beachdude likes this.
  2. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Will make a note to check in out like half a year.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

4. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Reporting for duty, @ItsAndrew. Love this band so much.

beachdude likes this.
  5. This is very reminiscent of Young Guns (Ones And Zeros era), which took me by surprise. I'm curious to hear how they pull off this pop rockier direction.

beachdude likes this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

These guys are super talented and this sound shift totally works imo. Very stoked for this album despite it being so far away.

7. Holy shit this new single is good - I kinda slept on the album but Gravity and Birdcage are excellent; the six month rollout isn't something I'm a fan of at all but I'm on board for this!

beachdude and maryp1603 like this.
  8. Leftandleaving

For whatever reason those two - both of which are great - aren’t on this album

beachdude and Carrow like this.
  9. I'm just after seeing that, how the fuck is Gravity not on there? It's absolutely massive.

10. Theemoflamingo

Regular

From what I've heard from the band in interviews/comments, they wanted gravity/birdcage to bridge their old stuff to the new album, and when released had made/thrown those out there to keep their name out there after the US tour had fallen through.

beachdude and Carrow like this.
  11. Leftandleaving

maryp1603, beachdude and Carrow like this.
  12. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Absolute banger!

beachdude likes this.
  13. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

beachdude likes this.
  14. azzy01

Regular

These tracks along with the singles they released last year are their best material by a lot. Really hope this album helps them blow up

15. Leftandleaving

former member of ha is the guitarist of this band, so maybe people might dig. not the same at all tho lol

16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This album is so damn good. Instantly prefer it to their debut... way more varied and bright overall while keeping the best parts of their past sound.

henryviolence likes this.
  17. henryviolence

this band deserves all the hype the uk press (mostly Kerrang) gives them. this is definitely my AOTY so far.

everyone who uses this forum needs to check out this record immediately.

Gianni28, maryp1603 and beachdude like this.
  18. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Happy release day, fam! I love this album.

henryviolence and beachdude like this.
  19. henryviolence

I didn’t think they’d be able to top Beyond Belief but then I pressed play on the album and the first 6 minutes happened... I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Ellamamama and beachdude like this.
  20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That was my favourite part of the album. The rest was good but I had my expectations a bit high after that first song lol.

21. henryviolence

Totally get it. I felt similar at first - it was only when Drugs and Love hit and the first lyric references a chemical romance that I got all the way on board.

22. I weirdly appreciate how much this album sounds like all those bands I listened to a decade back, Young Guns, Conditions, all those who crossed the line between alt rock and Saosin influenced post-hardcore. I even hear shades of earlier Paramore in this. I don't think it'll end up in my AOTY list or anything, but I'm certainly going to go back to it for the nostalgia it brings me.

23. Gianni

Trusted

Whoa this is pretty damn good.

henryviolence and beachdude like this.
  24. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

What I would give for another Conditions record.

25. Jeremy Fisher

Regular

This is dead good. I'm already liking this more than the original and it's growing on me more with each listen..

beachdude likes this.