Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hocus Pocus 2 (Anne Fletcher, 2022)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, May 20, 2021.

1. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Hocus Pocus 2: Sarah Jessica Parker, Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy to Star - Variety

Plot synopsis, Hocus Pocus 2 will be about three young women who accidentally revived the Sanderson Sisters to modern-day Salem, where the original Witch Trials took place. The sisters are still hungry for children and must be stopped before they bring havoc to Salem.

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

don’t really need a new plot so this fine.

movie will probably be fan service fun.

Orla and Brent like this.
  4. I hope it delivers.

5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

kyle and oakhurst like this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Is that supposed to be Binx? He went to Heaven at the end of the first but if they bring him back that will be cool too

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We gonna get cameos from the OGs?

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

So basically that cat is not Binx. Got it

10. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Doesn't seem like it. Omri Katz and Vinessa Shaw have both stated they weren't asked to reprise their roles. Thora Birch was, but couldn't do it due to scheduling conflicts with Netflix's Wednesday (before she left the show during filming.)

David87 likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. Yeah I'll watch it

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

What was the budget on this? Why does it look like that?

wisdomfordebris and Orla like this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah something just feels very cheap about this film. Like, cheaper than the ‘93 film. I’m still going to watch it, though.

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It looks like any tween movie I can remember these days. Like, reminds of Goosebumps just off first impression. Or I guess maybe a cheaper version of it like the Are You Afraid of the Dark reboot movies

i don’t have a great eye for this, but if I had to guess, I’d say basically this movie looks like it uses more cgi and is digital instead of film?

Orla likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s the fake/empty sets

17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I'll probably watch it once and then pretend it doesn't exist. Like Taylor's TV versions.

18. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I dunno what I was expecting from the trailer, but it makes me want to see the film less. Doesn’t feel corny as much as it does hack, which is disheartening.

Probably going to put off watching the movie a bit to see whether the consensus is more, “This didn’t have to be made,” or, “This shouldn’t have been made.”

tomdelonge and Brent like this.
  19. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Literally feels like redoing the first movie all over again

20. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

I remember seeing pictures of the “sets” and thinking….this looks like they are filing a low budget movie in the 90s. Checks out.

21. The Emologist

Crusted

Yea I’ll be keeping my expectations very, very low.

22. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

24. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Thought the trailer was fine. I can't imagine for the trailer for the original would've convinced me to see the movie when it came out back then so I'm not putting too much stock in it. It'll either be fun or it won't

25. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Here for Sam Richardson, babyyyyy

chewbacca110 likes this.