Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hobbs and Shaw (F&F spinoff) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 5, 2018.

1. This was my first Fast and Furious movie. Really fun. Vanessa Kirby is amazing.

aoftbsten and Jusscali like this.
  2. omg what if i just watched the rest of them... in reverse.

Henry and aoftbsten like this.
  3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t seen H&S yet but I honestly think these movies are a blast. I just rewatched the 1st and loved the cheesiness of it. If you rewatch them in reverse you will be in for a shock with how tame the 1st three are haha

333 GANG and Zilla like this.
  4. My friend and I binged the Mission Impossibles before Fallout and for that series as well the first three are kind of outliers. Starting with Ghost Protocol they had more recurring characters and were more tonally consistent with one another, and I guess it also helps that Christopher McQuarrie is now at the helm.

But yeah, I don't know if watching a series in reverse for the first time is a good idea. I was just joking. Or was I.

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Haha. You'd go from them basically becoming invincible superheroes to a bunch of early '00s gearheads listening to Saliva and Limp Bizkit and stealing DVD players.

6. Dog with a Blog

This was magnificently dumb. Loved it. It honestly felt like a fully realized version of a fake movie trailer you’d see in a comedy or something. Could have trimmed about 20-25 minutes tho. By the time they got to Samoa I was like oh yeahhhh we still got a third act haha. And then it just sorta ends and the credits start. The contrast between this and the first Fast movie is incredible

Kingjohn_654, Zilla and aoftbsten like this.
  7. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

This is genuinely the worst thing I have ever seen. Holy fuck was this bad

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

Yeah but like...so awful that you liked it...right?

9. This was my first f&f and even I knew what I was getting myself into.

10. dlemert

Trusted

As a huge fan of the F&F series this was really disappointing! It actually made me...miss Vin Diesel?

Jusscali likes this.
  11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

To be truthful I never liked the idea of extending the series beyond the OG family so thats not too surprising.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  12. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah, there is such an inexplicably endearing quality about the Toretto family & co. that makes these movies so fun to watch, and which was sorely missing from this one.

Also there's a reason why every movie in this series that doesn't have Tej and Roman is my least favorite of the series.

13. I just bought the box set for twenty bucks, so I guess I'm doing it. F8 here we go.

Zilla and 333 GANG like this.
  14. simonthebutler

Regular

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This was more bad bad than fun bad.

Dan Quinlan, dlemert and jkauf like this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Finally saw this, this movie is incredible

17. This was enjoyable, mindless entertainment. Not as fun as most of the other F&F movies, though.

18. dlemert

Trusted

I heard a critic once describe the F&F franchise as really silly movies that pretend like they're not. There's a blissful, ignorant sincerity that I think is the key to why they are so enjoyable.

H*bbs & Sh*w is a silly movie that knows it's silly and 100% embraces it, which completely goes against what made the earlier entries so great.

imthesheriff likes this.
  19. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Got to watch this last night and enjoyed it.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Just watched this in my flight. So much over the top action. I loved it.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

AlwaysEvolving21 and NJPunkMusic like this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Looking forward to it. I really liked the first one. Way better than i thought it’d be. I liked that it had its own identity and didn’t completely mirror the Fast franchise other than the character names. Like, I feel like I could’ve seen it without having to know the Fast storyline and still enjoyed it.

I thought I’d also share I was recently in Santa Barbara and walked by Paul Walker’s old house as I was in the neighborhood. Looks like someone bought it. Really made me miss that dude. His brother, Cody, is doing a great job with Reach Out WorldWide too.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator