Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hit the Lights – “Siberian Itch”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. BleedingDodgerBlue

Better than the last couple, but....come on guys, something is missing. They use to bring it a lot better.

3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Not terrible, but definitely my least favorite sounding stuff they've put out.

4. kyleadams Dec 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2017)
    kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

I AM THE AVALANCHE album art much?

[​IMG]

5. bransco2010

these songs have all been lacking in quality lately, but for me personally, i think the thing that sticks out the most is that they have no idea how to write a chorus. i think their verses tend to be (again, quality aside) fun, if nothing else, but then the chorus hits, and it just...falls flat. weird melodies, uninspired lyrics, i can't put my finger on any one thing. but considering it's supposed to be the biggest part of the song, it really brings the whole thing down.

RileyWitiw likes this.
  6. ibanez966

I know it's on YouTube so it's not really a fair judge of quality, but wow that song has way less punch than it should. It's mixed so flat

7. SFguitar

Regular

You don't think the chorus on this is catchy? I think this song is way better than the last two. Like you said though, the production on these newer songs just seems off. Summer Bones had such good production.

8. bransco2010

i do think it’s better, but i stop short of calling it catchy. i think they write catchier verses than they do choruses and that’s my issue with them. different strokes i guess and that’s totally cool

9. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I was literally thinking the same thing. It’s not bad but just like someone else said, it’s missing something. Same with the rest. And there’s a typo in the lyric video

10. That chorus is definitely catchy. Vocal production is weird, should have been polished a bit more, and the overall mix is just as off as the last track they put out. Definitely not on the top of their game, but this is a solid entry from a band that really never writes a bad hook.

11. One typo and/or mismatched word in a lyric video is weird for multiple people to miss before approving it for posting, but fucking four of them is just downright embarrassing lol

12. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

I honestly cannot understand how you could write something as inspired as Invicta and then deliberately regress to this.

13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

If this is what they’re gonna do....I’d rather nick just do Thief Club. That stuff is catchy

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  14. cosmickid

Thief Club is great, yeah. Nick seems to be very hit and miss as a writer.

15. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

This was a hard pass for me.

16. SFguitar

Regular

Just because it isn't as experimental as Invicta doesn't mean it's a regression. Nick has said before he just wants to make pop punk music.

Some of the songs on Invitca (particularly the slower ones) are really boring.

17. cosmickid Dec 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2017)
    cosmickid

Absolutely, it doesn't mean that inherently, but I do think this is a regression.

18. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Love it.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Summer Bones was really good but this not at that standard. It's catchy but not doing a whole lot for me.

20. thetuningspoon

I really like it. The transition between verse and chorus is creative, and the chorus is catchy and unique.