Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hiss Golden Messenger - Hallelujah Anyhow (September 22, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jdr2187, Jul 25, 2017.

1. jdr2187 Jul 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2017)
    jdr2187

jdr2187

2. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Hell yes. So soon.

3. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Here for it

4. zmtr

Trusted

Oh yes

5. JukeboxRomeo

I really like the last album. Biloxi is a jam.

6. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Two new songs on Spotify.

7. jdr2187

jdr2187

They are both amazing too as expected. This guy is just the best.

8. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Anybody live in Nashville? MC just posted on Instagram that the album is on sale at Grimeys now.

jdr2187 likes this.
  9. jdr2187

jdr2187

I do! I just got home from seeing their in store performance which was great as expected. Also picked up the album and got MC to sign it. They also gave anybody who bought the new album on vinyl a cassette of the new album which is pretty cool. Anyways all the new stuff sounded incredible. I continue to think this is the best band out there right now.

Matt Metzler likes this.
  10. jdr2187

jdr2187

Noticed that all his old albums just got added on streaming services!

11. Gooddayz

always and forever

I saw this album on Pitchfork and heard the featured track Domino (Time Will Tell). I'm not usually into the whole country mixed with folk kinda of vibe, but that song was fantastic. Decided to listen to the whole thing and man what a pleasant surprise, it's great!

The production really gives room for everything to breath, love the instrumental arrangements on this.

jdr2187 likes this.
  12. jdr2187

jdr2187

So good. Maybe my favorite song on the new album.

13. zmtr

Trusted

What a great solo

jdr2187 likes this.
  14. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

didn’t like this anywhere near as much as the last few unfortunately :(

15. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I've had this one in my car's CD player since the day it came out. It took some time to grow on me but I love it now. I'm not in the mood for it every day, but when the mood is right, it's fantastic.

jdr2187 likes this.
  16. jdr2187

jdr2187

So good. I would love for him to do an entire album full of songs with the horns and back up singers similar to songs like this one, I’m a Raven, and Southern Grammer.

17. jdr2187

jdr2187

18. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I love that guy. Definitely going to give a listen to his favorite albums, because anyone who puts The Weather Station as one of their top albums is a kindred soul.

jdr2187 likes this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

Bad Debt has grown to be my favorite HGM album

20. Horrorca

Trusted

21. jdr2187

jdr2187

Bad Debt is great. My favorite album of his has changed so many times that I have a hard time choosing a favorite. I love all of his albums.

zmtr likes this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

Had never even heard it until about 2 weeks ago. "O Little Light" came up on a playlist and I was hooked instantly. Really love the way it was recorded/story behind it.

jdr2187 likes this.
  23. Horrorca

Trusted

what’s the story?

24. zmtr

Trusted

"M.C. Taylor recorded this spiritually devastating, austere antecedent to the widely celebrated Hiss Golden Messenger albums Haw (2013) and Poor Moon (2011) direct to a portable cassette recorder at the kitchen table of his pine-entwined home in rural Piedmont North Carolina in 2010. It was the dead of winter and the pit of the financial crisis, a moment when the dire ramifications of debt—in its economic, political, and personal senses—had assumed a rank immediacy and terror for many working people around the world, not least of all in the American South. Taylor, his one-year old boy Elijah sleeping in the next room, was compelled to chart the sacred valences of debt, doubt, and family in fresh ways, in the process stripping bare and reinventing his songwriting idiom."

25. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Have y'all heard this song he released a couple weeks ago? All proceeds are going to Everytown. The groove to this one is unreal.

jdr2187 and Gooddayz like this.