1. We've launched a new merch store featuring the Chorus.fm and AbsolutePunk.net logo on a variety of t-shirts, hoodies, and other items. Check it out now at Threadless.
    Dismiss Notice

His Dark Materials (BBC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

2. phaynes12

ball is life

this looks quite good. i love the books but the movie they made like ten years ago with daniel craig sucked ass. hopeful for this

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This looks really really really good.

One of the worst cases of a tremendous opportunity being blown. That film wasted a FANTASTIC cast.

phaynes12 likes this.
  4. clucky

Hey Kids! Spelling is Fun! Supporter

Steampunk airships and giant polar bears?

I'm down to at least give it a try

5. troyplaysbass

reunion tour Supporter

Super excited for this. The cast is great and I’ve wanted a good adaptation of the books for so long.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

After the debacle that was the first movie, I'm optimistic that this will be better. The trailer certainly looks the part.

7. Kellan

JuneJuly Prestigious

Dafne Keen was so good in Logan, I’m excited for this

8. stayillogical

Thank you and good night Prestigious

I never watched the movie, so will this skip that book or rehash it? I know nothing about this series, but it looks super cool.

9. troyplaysbass

reunion tour Supporter

This looks to be a full adaptation of the series starting at the first book. It’s been many years since I read the books but I loved them and still recommend them all the time.

10. Anthony_

A Dork Prestigious

The books are solid, never saw the movie though. Looking forward to this a lot, especially because of the cast.