Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hippo Campus - landmark Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Mar 7, 2017.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Thanks for pointing that out, travelers guitarwork is nuts

Gooddayz likes this.
  2. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Yeah favourite part of that song is Stitches’ guitar work.

Gooddayz and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. Wall Of Arms

Seeing them in just over a week for the first time and it's been a loooong time coming. So so excited.

4. Gooddayz

always and forever

Nice! They're coming to my city in November. Hopefully they'll play all of the warm glow

5. Wall Of Arms

If recent Euro setlists are anything to go by - they are and in sequence mid-set! But they're also known to change it up a fair bit show-to-show!

6. Wall Of Arms

7. Wall Of Arms

This album topped my list for 2017 albums/staff list (Kyle Huntington's Top Albums of 2017 • chorus.fm) and I hope they get writing and recording album 2 soon because I'm dying for them to come back to the UK. One of my live highlights of last year, pure euphoria.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. Gooddayz

always and forever

Buttercup was one of the best closers of 2017. It was cool to see landmark so high on your list (didn't know you were staff haha) even though it wasn't even in my top 25. It was in my top 50, but I just hope for album 2 they capitalize more on what they did on the EP. That was pure gold

9. Wall Of Arms

Agreed, one of my favourites - actually designing a tattoo around it as we speak!

Yeah that EP has been played every day since it was released I think, so great.

10. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh that's cool! You'll have to post a pic here when it's done.

Seriously I've played that EP so many times. I wish I could of gone to their show last fall, but I had work :(

11. Wall Of Arms

Yeah it was a definite live highlight for me. There were a couple of songs I wished were in my setlist that night though. This was it:

Little Grace
    Western Kids
    Way It Goes
    Sophie So
    Suicide Saturday
    Poems
    Monsoon
    South
    Simple Season
    Tuesday
    Baseball
    Bashful Creatures
    The Last Snowstorm Of The Year (featuring members of Low who were in London on the same night)
    Traveler
    Buttercup

Encore:
    Violet

I would have loved to have got "Warm Glow", "Epitaph" (though I know this is rare anyways), "Boyish".

12. Gooddayz

always and forever

Dang.. Now I'm really bummed I missed the show. I'm sure they'll be back on tour soon

If the Encore was Boyish, Violet and end on Warm Glow.. oh my

13. Wall Of Arms

Playing a couple of new songs on tour at the moment. One tentatively titled "Joy":

another ("No Pomegranates" for now) with Nathan singing vocals. Sounds really cool/direct-raw-rock kinda sound:

Gooddayz likes this.
  14. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yo these two songs are dope!! Is there a chance of them releasing a new album this year?

15. Wall Of Arms

I really really hope so, but I doubt it. I'd say we get them taking time off after this tour (bar some festivals) and heading to the studio for a 2019 release. Maybe some tour dates end of 2018 to set up the release?

I just need them to come to England once more before they hole up and record but I also know they've been touring almost non-stop for about 18 months so don't expect them to, nor to do much but take some time to write/record.

New songs bang though right? Love the one Nathan sings especially, cool direct hit vibe.

16. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah that would make sense. Another spring release in 2019, but man these two new songs get me real excited!! I too want to see them live, I missed out last year and from all the live vids I've seen they're stellar live.

I didn't even realize it was Nathan singing haha, but yeah after hearing it again it works so well. Love the little jam in the middle too

17. Gooddayz

always and forever

I need these two new songs in studio form ASAP

18. Gooddayz

always and forever

This is cool

smowashere likes this.
  19. Gooddayz

always and forever

I miss BBC so much, but yeah the cover is alright. It was fun to stumble upon though

20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I missed this

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

this band is going get so good

22. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh snap! They have a fall tour and they're coming to my city... yesssssss!