Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hipgnosis Songs Buys Tom DeLonge’s Blink-182 Copyright Interests • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 7, 2020.

1. BradBradley

Regular

I’d just like to say, for whatever it’s worth, that I never suggested he was broke or otherwise hard up for cash. I did say that if I had to guess, he needs money to support To The Stars. Taken from the “Overview” section of the TTS website:

“The company’s Science Division is a theoretical and experimental laboratory that seeks to challenge conventional thinking and discover the next-generation of physics. We have access to world-renowned scientists with advanced knowledge to pursue the company’s research projects, which include quantum communication technology, the A.D.A.M. (Acquisition & Data Analysis of Materials) Research Project, and THE VAULT (formerly the Community of Interest).”

and

“The company’s Aerospace Division is dedicated to finding revolutionary breakthroughs in propulsion, energy, and communication. We are currently working with lead engineers from major Department of Defense and aerospace companies with the capability to pursue an advanced engineering approach to fundamental aerospace topics like Beamed-Energy Propulsion Launch Systems (“BELS”), Space-Time Metrics Engineering (“STME”), and warp-drive metrics.”

Now, I’m no expert. I don’t even know what most of the above even means. That said, it sounds (and I’m using a theoretical physics term here) “expensive as fuck.”

2. Bambros

Of course it means Tom is opening solo for Blink's next tour....

3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I suspect the poster was also responding to the number of people who referenced his divorce and its cost.

4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s not an unfair or unrealistic notion that during a divorce people monetize their assets to split earnings.

That may not be the case here, and really it may be too intricate legally or personally for us to decipher from the small amounts of information. It’s probably very personal as well.

There is a history of proof that money can be made off publishing the rights to songs. I was surprised to hear Stone Temple Pilots Interstate Love Song still getting used for new truck commercials. You never know

IATAvalanche likes this.
  5. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

6. BradBradley

Regular

7. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Spoiler Alert: Tom is fucking crazy.