Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 935

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I just wanna know whose listening to holiday music that much that it skews the stats

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

And even IF Christmas music were to skew the results.... that is still music you listened to in 2021 so it SHOULD skew your results if those are your results haha

3. CobraKidJon

they just don’t wanna harm all the people who work retail whose forced to use their Spotify accounts for the stores music during Christmas time

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

they should just let the user edit the date range or other fields and run their own year end report

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Definitely me

6. CobraKidJon

I feel like the stats can skewer just because like someone like drake makes longer music than someone like Vince whose songs are shorter and it feels like they measure based on minutes

7. The Lucky Moose

It’s definitely not “wrong” as some say, because how could it be, it’s just numbers, but they’re just looking at weird numbers etc.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah, I mean the stats is simply "numbers of tracks listened to" so that's what you get, but for a more complex "Top Artists" they could impliment number of times listened to an album weighing more than an album with multiple tracks

Josh Awesome and The Lucky Moose like this.
  9. CobraKidJon

I’m just trying to talk myself out of believing drake could be my number 1 tbh

Contender and irthesteve like this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

the Drake line about him having more "slaps" than the Beatles makes me unreasonably angry

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

:anguish:
    You can’t have a slide worse than this
    FB0B4A2E-E82C-4A7D-9B5A-1939033A3B7B.jpeg

Toxic af :anguish:

12. cherrywaves

Trusted

I feel like I listened to barely any rap this year

13. PauLo

43% Burnt

F031F502-E7C3-440F-90AF-925125FC0B51.jpeg

I mean, I guess it’s true as Spotify labels multiple artists in one album (MF DOOM and Madlib are both on Madvillainy, Alchemist on Armand Hammer etc), but it’s a lot different individually. My last.fm for example…

0CC9067F-6F66-423A-9787-34784B8CAC29.jpeg

Much more accurate. Mach-Hommy my second most listened to artist so far this year, but doesn’t show at all on Wrapped? Alchemist top but technically not even in my top 10 on last.fm.

14. The Lucky Moose

You kept it all the way real this year :crylaugh:

15. PauLo

43% Burnt

31AE59AD-E524-4409-910D-410FD1F9BD8F.jpeg

Despite that top 5, not as much as you’d think!

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  16. PauLo

43% Burnt

Why didn’t anyone tell me that the new Lord Jah-Monte Ogbon was produced entirely by Navy Blue???

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. username

hey you lil piss baby

Coming out of my self imposed exile to see if folks want to do another aggregate list for the thread this year

18. The Lucky Moose

Definitely

19. The Lucky Moose

Their genre classifications are quite possibly the dumbest thing they do

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. Wow had no idea! That’s what’s up man it’s a great record. Been loving Tried Your Best

PauLo likes this.
  21. PauLo

43% Burnt

Definitely!

22. Need to keep a closer eye on the aggregate list voting in here this year, somehow missed the voting last year and my contribution would’ve changed the #1 lol

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You didnt miss much

username likes this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

If we’re doing this I need to know if the Will Smith audiobook is allowed to be on my list lol

25. The Lucky Moose

The Fat Joe release was so smooth, too bad it’s only on DatPiff for legal reasons