Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 724

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

2. PauLo

43% Burnt

How can you say that Ice Cube track is “the absolute worst”??? That shit is GREAT.

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Lil Wayne’s 2015 Free Weezy Album now streaming

4. The Lucky Moose

Vanilla Ice changed his mind about the show it seems

irthesteve likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Shocking!!

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

wonder what his likely very noble motive for that was

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

covid temporarily made it not lame as hell to dunk on vanilla in 2020 so let's bring this back

8. irthesteve

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, sarcasm. i heard he wasn't selling a ton of tickets anyway

10. irthesteve

Yeah under 100 it seems haha

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

lololololol

cherrywaves, riotspray, btr and 2 others like this.
  12. PauLo

43% Burnt

New Westside Gunn is really good. As standard.

I’m trying to think of any mis-steps Griselda have made in the past 3/4 years. Gunn, Benny and Conway have killed it. And Boldy just seems like he belongs there.

riotspray likes this.
  13. PauLo

43% Burnt

I just love that grimey, dirty street rap style so much. Them, Freddie, Ka, Roc Marci, Alchemist, Your Old Droog, Mach-Hommy, wiki, Preservation. I could go on all day haha

riotspray and jdr2187 like this.
  14. jdr2187

jdr2187

Same here. The ones you named are responsible for most of my favorite hip hop releases from the last couple years.

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I need to dive into the Griselda stuff more. I've only started listening to them really in last year or so but everything I've heard has been hard af.

16. jdr2187

jdr2187

OhTheWater likes this.
  17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m still on pray for paris hype lol

but I’ll for sure check out the new album soon

18. The Lucky Moose

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really like the Griselda guys but I still can't help but think if they released less their projects would be better overall. Still super consistent though

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

I think Griselda have proven that it is possible to release a lot of quality projects a year without a dip in consistency or quality. A lot of rappers should take note.

cherrywaves likes this.
  21. The Lucky Moose

I actively get turned off when artists release more often than like once every two years

aliens exist and Punisher316 like this.
  22. PauLo

43% Burnt

I’m normally the same. Nothing annoys me more than when someone says “I can’t wait for a new *insert name here* album” when said artist only released an album 18 months ago. And every time I see there’s a new Griselda release, I’m expecting it to be their first misfire. But none so far.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I actually wasn't crazy about the new Westside Gunn album, the first one in a while that didn't do it for me

Blainer93 likes this.
  24. cherrywaves

Trusted

I liked it but “Drive By Love” should not have left the recording booth lol. Sometimes you just gotta stay in your lane.

25. username

hey you lil piss baby

Did I ever post this here? It's one of my favourite tracks of the year. It's got a James Blake/piano vibe, but he's also a rapper. He recently did a remix of the Headie One/Fred Again.. track "Gang" but it's not quite as good as the original. I think he's on a few tracks on the Everything is Recorded album from this year too but I haven't checked that out yet. Really excited to hear more from him.

trevorshmevor and riotspray like this.