Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 658

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

2. OotyPa

fall away

Oof, Boozie’s comments are real bad. Shame what Thug said and I’m honestly kinda surprised considering comments hes made in the past regarding gender norms and identities.

3. The Lucky Moose

I do think that in the past 15 years hip hop has made improvements regarding homophobia at least

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Boosie's comments were awful but I expect it from him at this point. He's said many shitty things in recent years including a lot of homophobia

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

9DCB11AB-9695-4317-A113-098501367797.jpeg
    update, lil Kim and Twista are actually on the fest they just wanted higher poster placement lmao

side note, I kinda hate how people are so quick to shout “fyre fest!” at everything. like, this is put on by goldenvoice

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

@ me next time

supernovagirl and riotspray like this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I saw Ja Rule's name on the poster and other artists saying they weren't on the bill even though they were listed and my mind went to Fyre Fest too.

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

anyone listen to PNTHN?

9. The Lucky Moose

Poster placement is a dumb thing to get upset about but also Twista is definitely wrong lol

10. Jake W Feb 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2020)
    Jake W

Contender and The Lucky Moose like this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Im still thinking about how perfect that type writing is for that poster

Vintage rap and r&b tees are elite

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Pen & Pixel baybeee. That would be awesome if they designed that.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Reallllly disappointed in Thug. Like wtf

wasn’t he supposed to be married in a dress? How does that same person say that type of stuff?

riotspray, OotyPa, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

So insane about Pop Smoke. I've still only heard him on the song he was on on the Jack Boys album but he was on my list of stuff to check out next. Honestly not even sure if I will now

So tragic, especially because his people apparently posted the address of the house on Instagram last night

15. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

16. The Lucky Moose

jorbjorb and incognitojones like this.
  17. The Lucky Moose Feb 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2020)
    The Lucky Moose

A few days ago, Please Hammer Don't Hurt Them turned 30. Opinions about MC Hammer and his work are still as divided as ever. Regardless, the album is still number six on the list of the best selling rap albums of all time (positions in the top 10 fluctuate occasionally, but there hasn’t been a newcomer for many years) and one of only nine rap albums to sell more than 10 million copies in the United States. It was the first rap album to do so. If nothing else, that makes acknowledging the anniversary worth it. That and U Can’t Touch This.

PauLo and riotspray like this.
  18. CobraKidJon

I mean this is a song

it’s meh to me

19. The Lucky Moose

Royce was always meh to me. A very good rapper that isn’t great at making music.

incognitojones, Zilla and Jake W like this.
  20. CobraKidJon

I guess in his new album he also comes out as anti-vax so that’s really bad

Jake W likes this.
  21. The Lucky Moose Feb 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2020)
    The Lucky Moose

That and conspiracies in a similar vein used to be so common in rap for most of my life (and still are depending on the sub-scene you’re into) that I barely register them

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Royce has always been one of my favorite rappers, dating back to the early 2000s. However I do agree that - outside of Death is Certain, which is one of my favorite hip-hop albums ever - he has struggled to make a great solo album front to back.

That said, he's had enough highlights for me over the course of his solo albums, mixtapes, PRhyme, Slaughterhouse and Bad Meets Evil over the past 20 years though that I still consider him one of my favorite rappers.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. CobraKidJon

Remembering this perfect song

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. Jake W

I've only loved one hip hop album this year so far expecting that to change at midnight when the Kamaiyah album is out

25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

what album?