Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 647

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

hi guys..
    iam making beats and some ambient music..
    check out my soundcloud

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

link me!

riotspray likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

OOOF, that’s a turnoff.

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah damn, no Lasers cuts? Smh!

5. btr

Trusted Supporter

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Didn't really want to venture into that Eminem thread but I honestly think this new album is his best work since Relapse

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That article is worth reading because it’s a very weird, very niche wormhole lol

Edit: see below

OhTheWater and Jake W like this.
  8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  9. PauLo

43% Burnt

A white, Scottish rapper had an album called Music To Get Murdered By too? Colour me shocked.

Jake W likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Giving the Mac album a shot. I've still never really been in love with any of his stuff but this is starting off nice. I respected the fact that he was willing to grow and evolve and get in some great people on his records over time. He could've very easily remained a stupid ass frat rapper his entire career and probably would have done better commercially

11. PauLo

43% Burnt

His willingness to push himself and do something different to what he started with is one of the things I admired most about him. It was until Swimming and his death that I started to really appreciate what he had been doing in the the 4/5 years prior to his passing.

12. The Lucky Moose

The Divine Feminine was when I knew he was special

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Love and respect Mac. I always appreciated his willingness to grow, but I admittedly can’t get into Swimming and Circles as much. Everything until Divine Feminine is fire to me, but afterwards not as much. I think it might be the vocals... the slurring comes of as a bit unsettling to me.

14. PauLo

43% Burnt

For me, The Divine Feminine is the first time he sounded like he was doing something he really wanted to do.

15. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I liked Swimming a lot better than Circles but yeah absolutely agree Mac's evolution was something special

16. The Lucky Moose

I prefer The Divine Feminine over the stuff after but that was good too I guess. I agree about the slurring. The stuff before TDF was hit and miss I think.

OotyPa likes this.
  17. username

hey you lil piss baby

The Divine Feminine was really good. I always really liked "Cinderella" with Ty$. I've never gotten into anything else really, but the first single from that new one sounded nice.

OotyPa and The Lucky Moose like this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I listened to that song. It’s not good.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The only thing the Eminem album did for me was hype up my anticipation for Royce’s album coming out in February. And devastate me that Slaughterhouse no longer exists.

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The Divine Feminine is his opus IMO.

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

smino's noir is a very good album.

also yeah I think the three Mac Miller albums I listen to the most are The Divine Feminine, Swimming and now Circles.

22. The Lucky Moose

Definitely. I remember writing this about it right after he died.

Contender and OhTheWater like this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Thoughts on Marlon Craft?

24. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

prom / king is an elite song

25. btr

Trusted Supporter