Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 645

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That honestly could have been it, I lumped them all together in a giant ball of disappointment so it could be. I just remember one of them willingly passing STDs on to unknown people. That may not have been him, it just happened all in the same post.

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yeah the Milo stuff was lumped in but it was heavily less serious than everyone else. There's certain things that are not cool but really none of my business and just people's personal lives, then there's like criminal abuse shit. Definitely shouldn't be grouping all of that together.

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

If it was that minor then I apologize. I just threw his name in with the others

supernovagirl and incognitojones like this.
  4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Maybe do some more research before throwing a claim like that out there with no further information. I see you do a lot of good posts bringing up allegations when most people don't mention them, and that's valuable and appreciated. But bringing up stuff you admittedly don't know the details of kind of detracts from the impact and effectiveness of that kind of awareness.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Totally exactly this

and no prob @OhTheWater you said from the start you don’t remember the details, I’m glad you brought it up bc if more sinister stuff had leaked then I’d deff wanna know about it before giving him my money

incognitojones and OhTheWater like this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol I mean the post mentioning him wasn’t like “oh and Milo is a good guy”. Draw your own lines, he did something problematic according to a survivor. I don’t need to parse that if other people find it offensive. I wrote him off for it

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I'll draw my own lines but just saying "shady allegations" with no context paints a much harsher picture than the reality. If you're going to be that vague try to leave some context so people have something to parse through and decide on their own at least.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I apologize for seeing the post while hosting my in-laws for dinner. I didn’t want @supernovagirl to grip tickets and then regret it

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Also tbf some people finding out that the dude they’re supposed to marry is cheating on them is abuse, so I’d count that as significant

10. supernovagirl

That’s why I said his post alluding that it was somewhat of a last minute/“arranged” marriage is important context. he didn’t use the term arranged but I know other people did. He basically made it clear that their relationship is unique and not up for public discussion idk

OhTheWater likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Gotcha I did not grasp that the original go-round. Was that confirmed? If so, I guess it’s a weird personal convo

Either way, I didn’t know the most about it but wanted to make you aware. All good

12. supernovagirl

Was what confirmed? I specifically remember him quoting the tweet that said “you told someone you were single 2 weeks before you were engaged and had sex with them” and he basically replied “2 weeks before I was engaged I WAS single” so people started jumping to conclusions on what that meant (why I kept saying “arranged”) even tho it’s rly no ones business.
    In looking for more details now it’s really hard to find because it was literally just a bunch of tweets. There’s a thread on hiphopheads that alludes to him cheating on his wife multiple times but afaik that’s not a confirmed thing and his wife has never even come out and said so herself so it’s just kinda a weird situation imo

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The arranged thing is what I meant, I don’t remember anything confirming he was in an arranged marriage that’s why I kept him in the back pocket. I guess if no other people came out against him it’s okay? Idk that was a weird one

14. supernovagirl

No that’s why I said he didn’t say that but other people were saying that. Or saying it was an open relationship or whatever. There’s honestly many reasons why he might have been single up until getting engaged.
    and yeah it’s a weird one really. I haven’t heard anything else.

OhTheWater likes this.
  15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

New Kota the Friend album already

riotspray likes this.
  16. OotyPa Jan 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2020)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The new Theophilus London album is funky as hell. Tame Impala, Ariel Pink, Raekwon, Giggs, and a few others feature on it. Loving it.

Cameron and The Lucky Moose like this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's good but it's also really annoying that this is his first album in 6 years but there's so many remixes or songs that have been out for years on it

irthesteve likes this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

19. The Lucky Moose

OotyPa likes this.
  20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I haven’t kept up with him, really, so it was my first time hearing those songs. I was super impressed but I can see how that’d be annoying. Gotta check out his earlier stuff now.

tdlyon likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I used to bump this song constantly when it came out, such a dope sample flip

Joe and OotyPa like this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

One of Germany’s biggest trap stars put a single out with Future on it. There’s video too. The beat is crazy.

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

holy shit this is good

tdlyon likes this.