Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 598

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

this is dope

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

You should relisten sometime, especially after his disappointing album this year. Legit Outkast/UGK vibes on most of it for me

3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Nice! I think CLPPNG is probably my favourite release of theirs. S&M not far behind. Definitely give the Wiggle EP a listen too, probably got their catchiest stuff they've done. And any loosies they've released too. They re-released their debut EP recently and that's great too. Who am I kidding, it's all great haha

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Me: "oh ima try and watch Rhythm + Flow on Netflix cause I like the idea of something like this existing"
    Me after the first real episode and Cakes da Killa getting cut: "oh hell nah, fuck this shit"

riotspray likes this.
  5. username

hey you lil piss baby

Did he get cut? I was only half watching but thought he got through. IMO this is the absolutely worst show I've watched in ages lol.

The Lucky Moose and matthaber like this.
  6. matthaber

he got cut in the first "non-audition" episode during a cypher. He went out at the exact same moment as Sash Go Hard which I find funny, cause they are the only two with like ..... "p4k hype" going into this show

7. username

hey you lil piss baby

Oh ok. I haven't trudged that far yet. That's too bad, I was genuinely hyped to see him there! The audition episodes are soooo painful.

matthaber likes this.
  8. matthaber

the cypher episode doesnt get better , but i wanna keep watching for some unknown reason yet to be determined lol

9. PauLo

43% Burnt

Didn't know he was in it. And now I know I don't have to watch it haha

10. username

hey you lil piss baby

The Ghetto Sage song is really good but feels like a teaser for the real potential of what they can put out. When Noname shows up it feels like she steals the track. Definitely think "Ace" is a tighter track. Hope some sort of project materializes before the end of the year.

OotyPa likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I read about the format of the show, and what each different round was.... sounds like a poor layout on paper

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I like the show in a mindless sort of way :shrug:

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

remember when Vince Staples dropped episode 1 of his “show” and disappeared

Oh wait that’s still happening

irthesteve likes this.
  14. Signifire

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh yeah, I listened to everything, including the two EPs lol. The new album is fucking incredible too, Run For Your Life is one of the most creative songs I've ever heard and Blood of the Fang is one of the best songs of the year, period

Literally can't remember the last time I've immediately gotten so into an artist like this

16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

@tdlyon you should maybe check out the album “Classic” by Living Legends and also look into the catalogue of Warp Records

tdlyon likes this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Hm never heard of Living Legends, I'll give them a try. I know Danny is on Warp and I think I've heard maybe one or two other artists on there? (don't recall who else is on it) but great suggestions, thanks

18. The Lucky Moose

Warp has been around for a while, they put out a lot of great experimental hip hop in the 90s and 00s. Beans would be an example. Living Livings is a legendary underground rap group, of which several members are now solo artists still, and I think that particular album could appeal to you because of its sound.

tdlyon likes this.
  19. PauLo

43% Burnt

Warp is probably my favourite label from the past 10 years. And not just for hip hop.

The Lucky Moose and tdlyon like this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

Yeah Warp overall is really a great record label case study

21. Signifire

angrycandy, riotspray and OotyPa like this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

So Much Fun = AOTY

OotyPa, angrycandy and Signifire like this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Bandanna
    ZUU
    So Much Fun
    Fly Lo
    Anger Management
    Danny
    Polo G

Year has been stacked

riotspray likes this.
  24. OotyPa Oct 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2019)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Gotta be honest im enjoying the cypher episode of rhythm and flow. It’s just fun seeing the judges interact and speak about what makes a good artist in their opinions. I view it more as a comedy anyway. When Old Man Saxon makes it through and goes "exquisite." :crylaugh:

25. swain

Awesome