Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 594

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

I actually had a good experience when I saw YG.

First one that comes to mind is Future (again, festival). But it feels like there’s someone worse that’s slipping my mind right now.

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I've seen videos of YG live where he's been decent, but when I saw him it was just a backing track playing with him yelling over it occasionally. Must depend on the day with him

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

playboi carti kinda just walked around on stage while the actual studio version of the song played and he screamed 30% of the lyrics on top of his studio vocals. super annoying DJ too

Jake W likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

That was a perfect set

5. The Lucky Moose Oct 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Haven’t seen a bad one technically. I’m very selective about who I go see. Mos Def was pretty terrible but I think he was, uh, enjoying Amsterdam too much.

riotspray and Jake W like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  7. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Lupe Fiasco at a school Frosh event was the worst thing ive ever seen. He barely knew any of his own songs, had to restart all his hits MULTIPLE times cause he didnt remember the lyrics, played mostly lazers. Everything about it was awful.

Im not kidding when I say I showed up a little late to the show and while I was super far back texted my friend “oh lupe hasnt gone on yet, they have some shitty local opener going right now” to then only realize moments later that was Lupe performing

The Lucky Moose and Jake W like this.
  8. CobraKidJon

I’ve been thinking about this song a lot lately

9. The Lucky Moose

That surprises me. I’ve only really been a fan of his first album but I would have guessed he is a solid live act.

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I’ve seen him twice. He was great one time and terrible the other time.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I saw him on the Kunta's Groove Sessions tour with the live band (they were called the Wesley's Theory iirc lol) and it was absolutely incredible. It was almost exclusively TPAB songs to be fair though

I actually think it's a very solid pop album, I like a lot of songs on there. Certainly not a hip-hop project though

I saw Trippie Redd open for Travis and he was awful, and I actually like quite a few of his songs. He didn't even shout along with the backing track, he kind of just stood there. As far as headliners go, I always do research if they're good live before I go so I can't really think of any

I've seen Lupe three times. The first time was kind of disappointing because he didn't finish most of the songs and was super low energy and didn't engage with the crowd at all (but still remembered the lyrics), but the second two times were two of the best rap shows I've ever seen. He even acknowledged the second time that he was really depressed last time he was in town which gave me some closure lol

Sorry, I had a lot that I wanted to respond to since I was in here last lol

12. The Lucky Moose

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I saw Lupe three years ago and thought he was phenomenal. It was the T&Y tour so like, his first 6 or 7 songs were all from T&Y and he absolute crushed it. In fact, I specifically remember leaning down to my wife during his first song - Mural- and telling her 'there are very few rappers who could pull this off.'

irthesteve likes this.
  14. The Lucky Moose Oct 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 14, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

A lot of rappers that were at their prime in the 80s, 90s and early 00s are still very, very good live performers. Like, I saw LL, EPMD, Fat Joe, De La Soul, The Pharcyde and Nas, among others, and they were all incredible.

riotspray likes this.
  15. simonthebutler

Regular

The worst hip hop act i have ever seen live was Action Bronson at Riot Fest a couple of years back. He didn't even have a DJ, he was literally playing his beats off his phone. He gave up halfway through a few songs and just kept scrolling through beats on his phone.

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

17. The Lucky Moose

Lol wow that’s good stuff

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Pharrell doesn't age

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

20. PauLo

43% Burnt

Oi, this Billy Woods album from a couple of weeks ago is bloody great

21. The Lucky Moose

We should make decade lists right? I’m gonna make decade list. For the culture, as the kids say.

22. The Lucky Moose

angrycandy likes this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i suggest listening to this record if you havent yet

25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I still haven't for some reason