Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 553

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Damn I just remembered I never finished the Wu showtime doc. Someone watch both, and tell me which is better.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also getting into Souls of Mischief

3. PauLo

43% Burnt

What are you comparing it to?

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The hulu doc that was posted?

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

The Hulu thing is a dramatization about the beginning of the Wu and isn't out yet AFAIK

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I wonder if Lost Tapes 2 is more or less the Nas album done album that never came out, because Nasir obviously wasn't, or if it's really songs from the last 30 years.

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the Wu doc and the dramatized Wu show are 2 totally different things. The show isn't out yet but I can't recommend the doc enough. If you're even slightly interested in the Clan, it's worth your time.

Cameron and The Lucky Moose like this.
  8. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Welp thug just went on IG live saying “fuck Ed Sheeran” soo I’m guessing this is no longer happening

9. simonthebutler

Regular

Lil Uzi vert pulled all European festival shows, got replaced for open'r in Poland last minute by asap rocky who has been arrested in Sweden so has been replaced by stormzy.

10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

So typical European rap festival shit lol

11. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

sooo from what i knew (reliable source/friend), Lil Uzi Vert + Young Thug had a dual headlining tour this summer/fall that im pretty sure has been cancelled by now. Was literally my most excited tour :(

(they had a date unannounced at a local amp theatre that just never got officially released, so no idea what happened)

12. Signifire

Fuck

13. :-|

14. Signifire

incognitojones likes this.
  15. PauLo

43% Burnt

Would never happen with REAL rappers

16. PauLo

43% Burnt

I feel I should probably add “just a joke” to the end of that post... :chin:

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ah

18. Signifire

FWIW

So he’s probably just trolling but still. Not a good look. He has expressed his distaste for Trump in his lyrics before on multiple occasions though.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

earthgang is the next featured rappers on kenny beats show HELL YEAH

also kenny beats produced a dominic fike song

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Calm down. It's an ironic tweet.

21. Signifire

I mean he has shouted him out in a positive light in the past so I’m not so sure. Can never really tell with Thug

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

When was this?

I was under the impression that he's always hated Trump, so when I saw the tweet today, I assumed he was just being a smart ass.

23. Signifire

On “Set Up Shop” remix w/ Marlo and Lil Baby that came out in 2017 where he said “I wanna be a billionaire, ain’t got no problem with Donald Trump”. Which ya know, is probably just Thug’s way of saying he wants to be a billionaire, with the added controversial take to turn heads. There’s at least one other example from around that time but I can’t remember which song specifically. But yeah I agree, he was probably just being a smart ass. I just don’t think it’s necessarily obvious given his backing of him in the past, whether ironically or not.

riotspray likes this.
  24. riotspray Jul 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough. I've never heard that lyric or anything else positive about the president from Thug, but if so, that brings new light to the tweet today.

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

cherrywaves and The Lucky Moose like this.