Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hip-Hop Thread Genre • Page 480

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Oh damn, haha. I think I like it more than 1992 and the most recent emo one.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, always stoked for new Princess Nokia.

Nevermind, as you were!

Jake W and The Lucky Moose like this.
  3. The Lucky Moose Dec 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 14, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I really want to watch that M.I.A. documentary but somehow it’s not available here.

I have a lot of thoughts about M.I.A. and how her music is the perfect example of what European hip hop culture really is about. Things people (mainly American writers) now praise artists like J Hus and even Drake for, i.e. the combination of multicultural influences, which these people trace back to the internet, is something that M.I.A. has been doing on a much grander scale long before them, and can be traced back to European multiculturalism being at the very core of what hip hop culture is in Europe: a unifying subculture for a wide variety of immigrant, minority and “alternative” (or maybe “non-mainstream”, for a variety of reasons, be it ideology or class etc.) kids. That’s a very rudimentary explanation of what’s been going through my mind.

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

pretty sure there’s a lot of MIA fans around here

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

soundtrack for Spider-Man movie is out and there is some great tracks but this one is seriously good for me.

If Juice WRLD could do this style and not some of that really toxic stuff, I would love his stuff.

6. PauLo

43% Burnt

Isn't that pregnant girlfriend beating, homophobic, dead piece of shit "rapper" on that soundtrack? Really disappointed that Marvel did that.

incognitojones likes this.
  7. username

hey you lil piss baby

He sure is. It was supposed to be a “surprise,” which to me just reads that they were too scared to advertise that.

OhTheWater and incognitojones like this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Cowards

9. CobraKidJon

I deleted that song off the album because I don’t support that but ugh at the amount of artists who seem to be capitalizing on him being dead and trying to “remember him.”

ComedownMachine likes this.
  10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Praying we only have a few more months of this shit

11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I think there's this perception that his fans are all immature teens, but I've seen people that I went to school with worship him on social media, and I'm like you're all adults with girlfriends wtf

12. CobraKidJon

it’s going to be a good few years until we know we will be done with this.

I had a co-worker who recently said he was right in beating his girlfriend just because she hit first and I was like ?????

you are a 26 year old man that thinks that is terrible.

13. Jake W Dec 14, 2018
    Jake W

That's awful. This guy who used to be one of my best friends, who's now married, posted about him and a woman called him out for it. He responded by saying "you just don't understand the gangsta life". Instantly unfriended him.

14. I got a "do NOT speak ill of the dead" speech from someone praising him on facebook. People just don't care.

15. cherrywaves

Trusted

“He didn’t even do it. False allegations ruin careers”

*audio of him admitting to everything surfaces*

“Let him Rest In Peace BRO!”

16. The Lucky Moose Dec 14, 2018
    The Lucky Moose

If Sony (pretty sure they call the shots here, not Marvel, but otherwise Marvel) would think him being on there is a liability, he wouldn’t be on there. They’re definitely not hiding it. Believe it or not but he’s kind of a hot commodity right now. I personally wouldn’t have done it if I were in charge though.

17. Jake W

Think people who would say something are too scared to. Look what happen when Vic Mensa did.

18. The Lucky Moose

Shit that’s crazy

I’m known for being a lot more “leanient” when it comes to the artist behind the art than most here but I really don’t understand that way of thinking (which a lot of people seem to have, along with complete denial)

19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

You’re more likely to get blacklisted in the industry for saying abuse and abusers are bad than for actually abusing someone.

The labels use the violence to get attention and promote and then say to separate he art from the artist. It’s a disgusting practice and they’re making millions from it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. Jake W

People use similar "logic" to justify homophobia and misogyny in hip hop all the time so I'm not surprised

21. The Lucky Moose

Very well put.

“Industry rule #4080...”

22. CobraKidJon

I think the soundtrack is a collaboration between Sony and Republic Records which is only cool because artists like Amine and DUCKWRTH get more notice.

riotspray and Jake W like this.
  23. username

hey you lil piss baby

That Juice WRLD track would be a great Swae Lee track

24. Jake W

Yeah was surprised to see DUCKWRTH on there. Hopefully it does for him what the Black Panther soundtrack did for Mozzy.

riotspray likes this.
  25. The Lucky Moose

It’s even more grotesque because he was also violently and randomly murdered and they make it feel like as if that was just a bonus for their marketing strategy. It’s all so fucked up. The whole XXX saga is one of the most fucked up things to happen in rap in a while, for so many reasons at once.

riotspray and incognitojones like this.