Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

HIP HOP CLASSICS: Madvillain - Madvillainy Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by PauLo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

It took me a while to get into him when I first started listening. But after a while, I was all in.

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

this is pretty much Shad for me

haven’t heard enough doom to comment but i’m excited to check this one out

3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I love everything about this. Money Folder, Accordion, Meat Grinder, Rainbows...so many good tracks.

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The horns and the way he sings on Rainbows is so good. I have that one on repeat especially.

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

I love videos like this

6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Great album

7. PauLo

43% Burnt

I don’t know everything, but he lost his son a couple of years ago and he had a shit load of immigration issues due to the fact he was born in the UK, moved to the US but never became a citizen, so was stuck in over here for ages. Not sure he’s current status, though. Don’t blame him for not being overly bothered by music.

There’s also the fact he gave an interview a little while back saying he only raps to get paid and that it’s just a job to him.

Punisher316 likes this.
  8. PauLo

43% Burnt

His features on some of Your Old Droogs tracks are great.

9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

if you're referring to his Spin interview about the 15th anniversary of the album, I'm not sure that's really the point he was saying:

To me it sounds more like he's just saying he has kind of a sharp divide between "work" and "recreation/home" life, and rapping is basically exclusively on the work side these days. Like he's not leaving the studio and making music as a hobby on top of his career or anything

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I would honestly be okay with him just making beats for people from now on if he doesn't want to rap, I absolutely love his production, maybe even more than his rapping

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Haven't listened to this in a while, so I this thread came at the right time. Classic for sure.

12. Collins

Trusted

This was my introduction to DOOM and is my go-to from him. The blend of beats and rhymes blew my mind the first time I heard it. Gotta shout out Meat Grinder, Accordion, and Figaro.

Immortal1001 likes this.
  13. PauLo

43% Burnt

Bumping this because I was listening to the Four Tet remixes earlier and wished there was full album of his remixes to listen to. The five he did are so good.

Cameron and OotyPa like this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve actually been revisiting Operation Doomsday a lot this month. Such a good album