Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

HIP HOP CLASSICS: Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by PauLo, Jul 26, 2020.

1. PauLo Jul 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2020)
    PauLo

43% Burnt

Once again we’re back with another hip hop classic. We’re back in the 90s this week and we’re visiting an album that turned 25 just yesterday. An album that showed that gangsta rap wasn’t afraid to be more melodic. We’re talking about Bizzy Bone, Wish Bone, Layzie Bone and Krayzie Bone (and some time member Flesh-n-Bone) AKA Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and their album E. 1999 Eternal...

E8300D49-DFAB-42E1-9CC6-C0F80CF082E4.jpeg

Obviously most famous for having classics Tha Crossroads and 1st of tha Month on it, this album is a west coast g-funk classic that isn't even from the west coast! What’s everyone’s thoughts on this one! Sound off below

@Henry to pin

Previous classic threads...

HIP HOP CLASSICS: Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back • forum.chorus.fm
    HIP HOP CLASSICS: Fugees - The Score • forum.chorus.fm
    HIP HOP CLASSICS: OutKast - Stankonia • forum.chorus.fm
    HIP HOP CLASSICS: Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded • forum.chorus.fm
    HIP HOP CLASSICS: A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory • forum.chorus.fm
    HIP HOP CLASSICS: Madvillain - Madvillainy • forum.chorus.fm
    HIP HOP CLASSICS: Eric B. & Rakim - Paid in Full • forum.chorus.fm

hairtaylor likes this.
  2. west coast:eyebrow:

ncarrab, bachna84 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Haha my bad, just assumed because of it's sound and their association with Easy-E.

Edited.

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I don’t think I’ve heard anything by them before. Excited to listen.

5. put some respect on the midwest’s name lol

—a pedantic clevelander

6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Cleveland is the city where we come from so run.

Putting Midwest and chopper style on the map.

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I never really got into a Bone Thugs album, including this one (though I do own the CD), but like any person with two ears and a heart I love plenty of their songs. Tha Crossroads in particular is a song I will never not want to listen to. They're definitely legends.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Bone bone bone bone bone bone

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Haven't listened to this forever. Some of the best flow in the history of the genre

gonz (Alex) and The Lucky Moose like this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hot Take: The original Crossroads is way better than the popular Crossroads.

*ducks*

Anyway, this is one of the first albums I ever bought with my own $. I was 9 when it was released and was obsessed with it. I honestly don’t go back to it as much as some other Bone albums though (Resurrection and Strength & Loyalty are probably my two favorite albums from them)

bachna84 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  11. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

1st of the month is such a jam.

12. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Oh hell yes.

One of the first albums I ever heard thanks to my brother and was one of the first ones I bought with my own money

13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Starting this now and I remember why I recognize the name. They did a feature on the first I See Stars album.

14. PauLo

43% Burnt

I remember getting Tha Crossroads and 1st of tha Month on single when I was still at school. Used to get a couple of quid a day for lunch, by 3 packs of 10p crisps and spend the rest on singles. I got 1st of tha Month for only 99p. It was in a sale bin and had no cover. Just got it because it looked cool. Glad I did.

Also Budsmokers Only was a b-side on one the singles and i'd completely forgotten about it before I listened to the album for the first time last year. I highly doubt this 13 year old white kid from a village in Surrey even knew what a "budsmoker" was haha. Saying that, I think I knew what Dr Greenthumb was about. I dunno.

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This sound is pretty unique. His sing-song flow is pretty cool and melodic for the genre.

16. PauLo

43% Burnt

Which one? There's 4/sometimes 5 of them haha

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I meant all of them in general.