Hiking

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by elphshelf, Jun 14, 2016.

1. elphshelf

I'm not living, I'm just killing time

Branching off from the outdoor recreation thread. Where are your favorite places to hike?

Mine is definitely Sand Run Metropark in Akron. It's very hilly and beautiful, with a stream running through the whole park. It's also unique because at one point the stream actually crosses the road instead of going underneath and the cars drive through it.

Attached Files:

2. Turkeylegz

Next Concert: Tiny Moving Parts/Jetty Bones 2/2 Supporter

My favorite is a place called French Creek by Lorain, Ohio. But now that I live in the Akron area (Kent) I just google"hiking trails" and go to a new one every time.
    I know the pet store I volunteer at has people walk dogs at Sand Run Metropark often but I have yet to go there!

3. Chris Yates

Aight Prestigious

Cloudland Canyon in Georgia is beautiful. Also, the Smoky Mountains have some great points to venture to.

4. sponsor
  5. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Acadia National Park in Maine is my favorite spot.

6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

White Tank Mountains. There are way more scenic places to hike, but that's my closest option. It's also where I started hiking years ago so it's kind of special.

7. Laura

Making Groovy Night! Prestigious

Acadia is beautiful, especially Cadillac Mountain. Maine has so many great spots.

Ken likes this.
  8. ChaseTx

Hail seitan Prestigious

I would like to start. Texas heat can be rough though

elphshelf, muttley and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. Matt

Does the name Kevin mean anything to you? Prestigious

Lots good places to hike in Western Mass. Also, Cadillac Mountain is beautiful and I would love to hike it one day. I've only ever been to the top in a car.

Ken and Laura like this.
  10. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

Yeah, I was going to say the Berkshires in western Massachusetts and Connecticut. I used to have so much fun hiking around there.

11. Matt

Any specific places you remember going to?

12. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

I actually grew up in a town right in the middle of that area, so I went to a lot of places, but it's been so long I can't remember what most of them were called. The one I do remember was Bear Mountain.

13. Matt

Ooh ok, I think I've been in that area. It looks like its close to Bash Bish Falls which I visit once a year.

14. elphshelf

I'm not living, I'm just killing time

Anyone else in the northeast Ohio area also needs to check out Blue Hen Falls. It's gorgeous.

15. Hiking in Tahoe is pretty cool

Anticitizen7 and muttley like this.
  16. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Lake Tahoe? I did a short one up there a couple years ago and left.

I'm sure I could spend at least a week up there without getting bored.

17. Yeah Lake Tahoe. Hopefully I could go up there at least once this summer. Last time I hiked there was last year

muttley likes this.
  18. Anticitizen7

Lets be friends!

Lake Tahoe is wonderful! There's so many different trails and summits to walk all around it, you could spend forever trying to experience it all.

muttley likes this.
  19. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Heading to Maine today. I can't wait to go hiking in Acadia. I hope my gf can handle some of the more intense trails, she seems to be very nervous about it. Oh well, there's so many fantastic options to choose from, I'm sure we'll find a happy medium.

muttley likes this.