Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

High Maintenance (HBO) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joel, Sep 20, 2016.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I recorded on my phone the beginning of the episode in season 2 where he tries to put a hammock up in his place and then it falls and he crashes to the ground when he's trying to light up. I watch it whenever I need a quick laugh because goddamn it is golden.

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Love this show.

3. chewbacca110

S2E8 "Ghost" - the ending with the old man... ugh I am crushed.

OotyPa likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

this is seriously the best show on tv

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I wish the episodes were longer!!!

Who else gets stoned before watching this, btw?

riotspray likes this.
  6. chewbacca110

This show makes me wanna smoke so bad, but alas I am on the job hunt and it was would be an unwise choice.

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I get stoned before, during and after watching most things.

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I’m surprised no one died in that episode there were several times I thought that someone was gonna get killed

9. chewbacca110

All caught up. Season three is off to a great start. Loved the horror feel of episode 2.

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This show is one of the best parts of my week, every week.

riotspray, gonz (Alex) and mad like this.
  11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

the kid in this week’s episode was too precious

12. Was the second episode the show’s weirdest episode?

13. chewbacca110

I’m glad S3E3 was a light one. I feel like the first 2 episodes were pretty heavy.

I had to look up the song that played during the credits because it was so damn catchy and it’s “Metro Phenomenon” by Sean Nicholas Savage. It’s a full on dance jam.

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

this show has suuuch a good soundtrack

chewbacca110 likes this.
  15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

this week's was so damn funny

16. Perfect show much?

riotspray and mad like this.
  17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

yep it’s perfect

riotspray and gonz (Alex) like this.
  18. this very quickly became one of my favorite shows

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

the first half of that episode was so delightful and then the second half was stressful as fuck

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

My god, the second half of that episode gave me so much anxiety haha. Mushrooms are no joke, my last trip was pretty fucking challenging--not sure if I ever wanna do it again. The actor's performance is pretty on-point.

21. chewbacca110

OMG THE CAT

22. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Is each ep still isolated or has it moved to a story arc? I wanna watch the ep Mitra co-wrote with my girlfriend tonight to try get her into the show

23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It’s still pretty well isolated. There’s a little more of an arc/more recurring characters than there used to be but you could still totally watch any episode in any order and enjoy it.

24. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Perfect, thanks!

(Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen the first season and will watch them all but we both loved Mitra on HH so I feel like that’ll be a selling point)

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish Mar 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2019)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't have a single idea of what this show was about other than "it's pretty funny" and didn't know who the guy is or anything. I decided to check it out yesterday and watched the first three episodes and I didn't love it immediately, but they've each been on my mind ever since. There's something interesting about the vibe of this show and I can't put my finger on it. The concept and execution of these avant-garde vignettes really are something else and for whatever reason I feel that it's potentially going to lead to something important. Not important like the plot leads somewhere, but it'll be known as an important show because of something it has or will provide. I can't describe it exactly, but it feels like something else entirely.

I plan on watching 1 or 2 episodes every day or so instead of binging them all quickly.

One bummer is that I was looking up information about the show and read about and saw the clip with the song from Plantasia in the car wash and I really wish I hadn't because I adore that song and it might have sent me of the edge to just stumble across it.

chewbacca110, OotyPa and riotspray like this.