Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

High & Low Fest 2017 Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by zacooper, May 23, 2017.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

In what fuckin world does Citizen draw a bigger crowd than Pup?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Twenty minute walk to my car now byyyeeee

3. Dog with a Blog

Lol my car is here and there's only one other in the lot.... @JRGComedy?

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

That would be me! So sorry we didn't meet up, my phone died about 20 minutes into Brand New's set.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  5. zacooper

Regular

That was an awesome show. Happy all around, glad I made the drive out.

JRGComedy and Bloodsucker II like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

Home. Hope y'all made it back safely

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

@JRGComedy no worries ma dude. I'm sure we'll run into each other at another show sometime

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

in all worlds, citizen is much bigger than pup right now

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I had no idea

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

How was the turnout for this? I had a feeling it was moving tickets too well.

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Pretty right down the middle. I wouldn't call it a huge success, but there were people there

12. zack33107

Regular

There is just no way. Why is Pup getting booked national music festivals and Citizen isn't then?

13. cwhit

because pup is in the scene that plays national music festivals and citizen isn't?

the devil wears prada doesn't play national music festivals and they're much much bigger than those bands. citizen's tour is playing bigger venues and will draw more people than a pup headlining tour

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  14. zack33107

Regular

what ever you say but Citizen is touring with Sorority Noise who literally once replaced Pup on a tour. They certinaly have overlap

15. cwhit

Overlap, yes. But pup has critical acclaim and NPR backing while citizen is more in the warped tour realm

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  16. zack33107

Regular

So the band without NPR backing and critical accalim is bigger?

17. cwhit

yes? a day to remember is one of the biggest rock bands in the world and they have zero critical acclaim outside of niche metal pubs

18. zack33107

Regular

A Day to Remember being one of the biggest rock bands in their genre or the world is a big difference but I don't understand how this debate exists if Citizen and Pup were both just at the same event with low and behold Pup billed first

19. cwhit

just because bands were billed in one way doesn't mean one is bigger? i saw cheap girls headline over the front bottoms and everyone left after the front bottoms

20. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Not that Facebook likes are everything but Citizen has about 3x the likes of PUP.

21. cwhit

facebook likes and venue size, citizen easily wins

PUP has more current momentum and the critical acclaim but that's it right now

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Festivals often are booked months in advance too. At the time, it may not have been apparent that Citizen was bigger, so Pup got the bill. Citizen's stock is definitely rising right now with their new album coming, whereas Pup is entering the plateau that comes in the downtime between one album cycle to another.

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Either way, Pup's mix last night was flaming garbage and they went on like 45 minutes late

24. cwhit

ehhhh i disagree. pup is still skyrocketing but they're at a lower level right now. but they're also working at different aims

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just mean the next huge push forward from them won't be until the next album. But I agree, I don't think Citizen is that interested in trying to get on the festival circuit. They seem more content to be doing their own thing.