Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

High and Low Festival to Be Headlined by Brand New

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

FUCK

3. thatwasamoment

Since '06

thats a nice little lineup they got there

4. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

got tix! so dope

5. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

F****************kkkk Yesss!!! It's times like these we need to see Brand New while we still can. Got 1 tick and a flight from Canada. Whatta lineup!!!

DejaMoi likes this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

FYI link is broken

7. youwontknow

It apparently might be jammed from traffic. I called the phone # and they hooked me up a ticket in 5 mins.

8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Ahh I gotcha, yeah I don't actually need a ticket, I was just clicking the link and noticed it went to a dead page so wanted to inform the great Lord @Melody Bot

youwontknow likes this.
  9. Nah, the link in the post has the full word "festival" in the URL, when it should be "fest". Just took out those four letters and the page loaded just fine

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

This would be a lot of fun, and my wife wants to get tickets. However, I went to Self Help fest at the NOS Events center last year and it was miserable. Not sure if I want to relive those huge lines and poor planning.

11. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Every time I try to login to checkout it keeps bringing me in a fucking circle. If I don't get a ticket I'm going to be livid.

12. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

What was bad about it (elaborate a bit). Haven't been to a festival there before. Also I'm hoping that since this is a KROQ event and not one put on by a band (SH), it might be better.

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Tempted to do the same but I live in Ottawa so a flight would not be as cheap lol

14. youwontknow

Hear ya, that's a ways. I'm in Van. Sure BN will announce some dates soon.

DejaMoi likes this.
  15. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

The concessions lines were horrendous. If you wanted something to drink (adult or not) it was half an hour. Wanted food? An hour line. It also seemed like half of the bathrooms were closed.

The whole experience for me was terrible, but I also should admit that I had a horrible day that day even before I arrived (car trouble caused me to miss Further Seems Forever, the main reason why I went). I also thought that the grounds were not big enough for a festival of that size. I think it would have been much better if it were held at the San Manuel Amphitheater instead.

16. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Why can't we have a lineup like this for ACL?

youwontknow likes this.
  17. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Poor Andrew McMahon. Released at least three albums since Brand New's last full effort and they still headline over him.

Their management is killing it.

18. parkerxcore

Got my ticket:teethsmile:

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Death Cab and Brand New is a fantastic couple of headliners.

DejaMoi, coleslawed and youwontknow like this.
  20. youwontknow

In an uber from LA. Live debut of SciFi songs happens tonight!

(Although if I know Jesse, I could see him not playing a single song from Science Fiction tonight and just pretending the album doesn't exist. That'd be SO Brand New.)

21. Came so close to just saying fuck it leaving super early this morning to drive there haha. Sorta bummed I didn't follow through. This lineup is so good.

DejaMoi likes this.
  22. youwontknow

Brand New is on in 8.5 hours. You're good! Drive safe!!

DejaMoi and coleslawed like this.
  23. youwontknow

Omfg! Brand New were so good last night! I don't wanna say very much in case people are seeing them tomorrow night.

But for those who are interested. Here's their setlist from last night:

***OBVIOUS SPOILERS WITHIN****

Brand New Setlist at High & Low Festival 2017

24. parkerxcore

The new songs sounded so great live