Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hidden Figures (Theodore Melfi, January 13th 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 15, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also getting limited release in December to qualify for the Oscars

composed by Hans Zimmer and Pharrell
    also starring Kirsten Dunst, Jim Parsons, Mahershala Ali, Aldis Hodge, Glen Powell and Kevin Costner

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

3. mad

I was right. Prestigious

This looks great. Would love to see Taraji get an Oscar nom.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

5. Rjones1325

The film sets up each subplot and as an audience member, you’re thoroughly invested in it because of how likable these women are. They are portrayed more than characters but as people. Their scenes facing different personal challenges are genuinely moving to see but when the three of them are together discussing their lives make it even more entertaining. It felt like watching a historical episode of Girlfriends at times (remember Girlfriends? The show starring Tracee Ellis Ross back in the 00s?)

Hidden Figures Review

upload_2016-12-13_23-52-43.png

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Need to see this, mostly for Janelle Monae

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

This was really good! A very well articulated cinematic statement on race, and how the white establishment often only moves towards progressiveness when it benefits them. The three leads were outstanding, I was happy to see more Mahershala Ali, and Glen Powell from Everybody Wants Some made a wonderful, kind of doofy, John Glenn and I am excited to watch his career continue to take shape.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Didn't know Chad Radwell was in this

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This is a beautiful film.

10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This wasn't an art film by any means. Felt very 90s in its sensibilities. And was very effective in that way. The acting was good. It hit the right emotional notes. The story was something that needed to be told. Glad it's getting attention.

Davjs likes this.
  11. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Saw this today, and I loved it.