Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hereditary (Ari Aster, June 8, 2018) Movie • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 30, 2018.

1. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I’ve been wanting to rewatch Hereditary recently but I’m all alone and it’s the only movie that’s properly scared me as an adult so I think I should wait until the girlfriend is back in town...

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I am happy to say I have FINALLY gotten my girlfriend to agree to watch Hereditary before we see Midsommar. She's been dreading it but the terms are: we must watch in daytime, we must follow up with a happy movie, we need to be drinking.

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I think not being sober makes the grief and dread hit harder, haha.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I don’t have the stones to watch that movie intoxicated in any fashion.

wisdomfordebris and jkauf like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Idk friends like watching movies with me stoned since I notice a bunch of things they dont

And I was ripped during Hereditary so

jkauf likes this.
  7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Oh I totally get being stoned during movies, only way to watch them and I was fried during this, but seeing as death tends to come to mind high anyway, a lot of this hit wayyyyy harder.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

make it into a drinking game
    drink every time Charlie clicks her tongue
    drink every time you think “wow Toni Collette deserved an Oscar for this”

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

We'd have to chug during the dinner scene and the aftermath of the halfway point.

wisdomfordebris, Lucas27 and mad like this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Drink every time Gabriel Byrne deserves better.

11. Lucas27

Trusted

I had a Hereditary dream last night. My bro and I were driving and an insane Toni Colette was chasing us in her car because she was desperate for help at her house. We didn’t want to get involved for obvious reasons. We finally lost her and made it home and I remember feeling really sorry for her because I somehow knew that what happens at the end of the movie was going to happen that night. It was super ominous.

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Watching this right now. Made it about 45 mins into this, had to pause. I heard it kind of disturbing, but Jesus fucking Christ. Gonna start it up again soon, but I needed a breather.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Watched this about a week ago. Everything that could be said has been said. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck me

Kuri44 likes this.
  14. atlas

Trusted

This is so much more fucked up than Midsommar I can’t even believe people are comparing them

*disclaimer: I saw Midsommar first

Kuri44 and wisdomfordebris like this.
  15. DarkHotline

[IMG]

Y’all make me smile

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I’m so glad Midsommar seems to be getting people to go back and watch Hereditary for the first time.

Kuri44 likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Good bump. Watched this for the third time last week, and my friend hadn’t seen it. Not only does this hold up more after every viewing, but I love to see people react when shit starts going down. Esp with the shot of Peters picture on Joan’s table/the music getting crazy.

18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Gonna watch this sometime this weekend for the first time.

Ken, Kuri44 and angrycandy like this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally finished it. Definitely an extremely well made, endlessly unsettling film. I can see what all the hype is about. That being said, this type of film is just not for me. I can't handle this kind of disturbing haha.

20. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

godspeed

Ken, Kuri44 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I enjoyed Midsommar but I like Hereditary so much more

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah midsommar is good but hereditary is on another level

Kuri44, Dirty Sanchez and angrycandy like this.
  23. DarkHotline Jul 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2019)
    DarkHotline

I dig that Hereditary and Midsommar are just two different experiences. I don’t know if I could ever sit through Hereditary alone again, it’s just too damn hard.

24. atlas Jul 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2019)
    atlas

Trusted

Yeah Midsommar is definitely a deeply unsettling movie but it's also very beautiful with a lot of almost relaxing moments to it, and I liked the balance. Hereditary is just non stop, the entire time. It felt like I was having a panic attack for two straight hours

25. michael_gatto

Trusted

I keep trying to get my wife to watch this with me, she is absolutely terrified of horror and won't. Someday I'll get her to crack.