Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hellogoodbye - S’Only Natural (October 5, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 24, 2018.

1. pablowashere

Regular

I'm loving the new music but I've got to be honest the low vocal mix hiding in the songs is taking away a lot of the potential here for me. I want to hear Forest sing upfront and center. I get that he is letting the music take lead but it is making me appreciate the songs much less. Wish they made a different decision regarding the final product

irthesteve likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Mysterious Love is beautiful wow

Almost has a Sufjan vibe to it

SpyKi and beachdude42 like this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Weird I don't see this song on the tracklist... is it just an extra or am i going crazy?

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this is wonderful. sounds more like fleet foxes

5. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Where’s the new song? I don’t see it on Spotify.

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

its on apple music

7. Track 10

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok got ya. Just weird cus when I look at the vinyl on the website, it does not list it on the track list - must have been a late change or something.

9. Kuri44

Saw this on Spotify

“Imagine Studio 54, except instead of coke, everyone has a glass of red wine and maybe
    just smoked a little weed. On S’Only Natural, the fourth album from Hellogoodbye, songwriter Forrest Kline adapts the sonic palette of those 1970’s disco groups like Chic and The Pointer Sisters to interact with his perfectionist production style and timeless pop song-craft. The record moves with a mature and tightly restrained momentum, never too eager or hamming up the premise. Kline's melodies lay relaxed over the four-on-the-floor beats and hypnotic bass runs, so universal they could fit nearly any genre, but they feel most at home here. The title track of S’Only Natural conjures up a celebratory vision of balloons falling from
    the ceiling. Illuminated by sweeping disco strings, the song grooves forward with
    unassuming confidence, like Meryl Streep sauntering back up to the podium to grab her third Oscar of the night. On another album standout “I’ll Keep On Following You,” Kline’s voice is simultaneously soothing and urgent, and his words weave together with surprising turns, all the while landing in such a comforting and familiar way. All over the record, it's like Forrest is telling you something reassuring you’ve always heard, but didn’t really believe until he said it. He’s talking you down after you just had the worst day at work, exuding such self-assuredness and positivity that you have no choice but to accept it as the truth.”<br>

beachdude and sophos34 like this.
  10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i like that

11. Kuri44 Sep 7, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018)
    Kuri44

So it seems like there won't be a new song until 9/21.

EDIT 9/13/18 4:24 PM CT: So it seems like I was (thankfully) wrong.

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

new song is a chill one, but I definitely dig it

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

So when is this coming out? Gotta be at least half the album already out.

14. October 5th.

Night_Sky, beachdude and Micah511 like this.
  15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Just saw it from Wikipedia. Sweet, another awesome album to add to that release date.

beachdude and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Kuri44

Another great one :musical:

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

beachdude likes this.
  18. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

shits expensive

20. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

No kidding! Still a bit surprising though...people love super limited stuff.

21. Kuri44

Was listening to Let It Burn - Fancy Outfit Edit while jogging on the beach this morning and it was so groovy I decided to do a little spin/dance move and ran into a runner who i didn’t notice was behind me lol :teethsmile:

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Tomorrow is the big day!

I only listened to the first single, so I’m excited to hear this in full for the first time.

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Album is out there. I stopped listening to the singles a few weeks ago so I’d have more surprises for the full album... I’m stoked.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like it. It's not as in my wheelhouse as their more bombastic, poppy stuff so it probably won't be as huge for me as their last two albums. I plan on spending a lot of time with it though so who knows. Feels like a grower.

25. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I've only listened to half of the first song he released. I'm going in somewhat blind since I've forgotten what the song sounds like. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Kuri44 likes this.