Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hellogoodbye Announce New Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Melody Bot Aug 2, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Whoa, Would It Kill You? is one of the best pop records of all time. This might be something I have to make it to

Serenity Now likes this.
  3. DearCory

Regular

Would love a Would It Kill You/Everything is Debatable even more... but alas it's not coming anywhere near me, so no real loss

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I've been meaning to go the west coast again...

GEM37 likes this.
  5. nsgob22

Newbie Supporter

I was wondering if they were still together/ what they have been up to.

6. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I've been flipping out about this all morning. All time favorite band and cannot wait for this.

GEM37 likes this.
  7. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

omg an actual seattle date??? YESSSSS

GEM37 and tyramail like this.
  8. One record is 11 years old and the other is 7

Goes on 10 year tour for both

DearCory likes this.
  9. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i can't take the first album seriously at all. a WIKY/EID tour would be so sweet even if it wouldn't come anywhere near me

DearCory likes this.
  10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I does say "Y'know, more er less"

GEM37 likes this.
  11. It does? Haha I don't see that. Either way, I'm sorta just messing around, grateful for a WIKY full album show no matter what the case. Album is gold!

12. Zilla Aug 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2017)
    Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Haha. Maybe it's just on their Instagram. But agreed. Glad they're still around.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. SFguitar

Regular

It seemed like around 2006 (the myspace days) this band started to get really big, even mainstream, but then lost all popularity pretty quickly.

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Definitely. They gained a following with the EP and then blew up with "Here In Your Arms," which Forrest said they never expected to be that big. Drive-Thru basically burned them out and they got into a lawsuit with them, which pretty much killed their momentum, but did result in their best album.

SFguitar likes this.
  15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Z!A!V!D! may not be their best album, but it still has some great songs and my favorite song of theirs, "Oh, It Is Love".

Although my favorite version of that song is this one from Daytrotter in 2009: Hellogoodbye Daytrotter Session Dec 23, 2009

16. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

it's interesting to have these two together (given the sonic differences), but i'd probably go if it were anywhere near me.

17. transrebel59

Regular

I am really interested in hearing how they do the ZAVD songs after a decade and changing their sound so much.

18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Not gonna lie, thought this meant they were also doing the EP, which I was super hype for, but whatevs, both great albums and they're actually playing the fucking PNW, I'll take it!

If I get some "Call n' Return" action, icing on the cake.

tyramail likes this.
  19. ihaveblink

Regular

fond memories of seeing them in 07 and coming out to the Are You Afraid of the Dark theme.

20. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Would it kill you is a classic.

Will hold up forever for me.

Wonder if they're raising money through this tour to afford putting out a new record??

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I saw them open last year for Empire of the Sun in Costa Mesa (might have been the only show they did last year.) "Here (In Your Arms)" was in a totally different key, and they debuted a new song - didn't have a name, but Forrest said it was 'about waves.'

They also dropped a track this past winter that's pay-what-you-want, proceeds to the ACLU...
    STARE INTO THE BLACK - 100% to ACLU

22. GEM37

She haunts the roads

So I figure most of us are excited already, but holy shit "Two Weeks in Hawaii" am I fucking right?

ihaveblink likes this.