Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hellboy (Neil Marshall; April 12, 2019) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 18, 2017.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This could just be wishful thinking on my part, but this strikes me as a poorly done trailer that is trying to sell a darker take on this story as a jokey GOTG clone. I don't think this is a very good trailer, but I can see this being a studio struggling to market a film that I actually really do want to see and not really knowing how to do so. I could be dead wrong on all of that, I know.

My main concern is that some of these shots look pretty damn cheap, like they simply did not have the budget to pull off what they were going for. Strangely, it's the fight scenes that strike me this way the most, not any of the 'big' CGI or FX shots. That being said, none of the minor concerns I have after seeing this are anything that I wouldn't easily and quickly forget about if the story is good and the movie is working for me.

I am remaining cautiously optimistic about this movie... Neil Marshall is hit-or-miss for me and I have never looked at a Hellboy comic in my life, but I did enjoy each of the GDT Hellboy films for the most part.

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. Not what I expected at all, but it looks like it could be fun. There's a lot going on though. Not sure what the story is. I liked what I saw from David Harbour.

3. tvck

Trusted

Looks fun to me.

4. flask

Trusted Supporter

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I liked Guillermo Del Toro's take on Hellboy in both of his movies, but I am still excited about seeing someone else that I like take a crack at the material too.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. flask

Trusted Supporter

Same but that tweet made me laugh out loud.

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah, that tweet made me laugh too - I didn't mean my comment as a rebuttal to it, kinda just laying my thoughts out there. I saw a lot of negativity about this trailer and I am pulling for this movie.

8. Dog with a Blog

Interesting tone.

9. GBlades

Trusted

Love that shot at the end with the flaming horns/sword

10. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I’m into it; Harbour seems like a perfect fit, looks to be bloody as hell... def high on my list after Captain Marvel.

11. Eh...maybe it's because I'm a big fan of the GDT films, but this doesn't look great to me, visually or otherwise, and the tone seems indistinguishable from those original films. It all just feels a tad unnecessary. Would love to be wrong, obviously.

RyanPm40 and secretsociety92 like this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

RyanPm40 and tvck like this.
  13. tvck

Trusted

that's pretty legit

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

715creeks likes this.
  15. Aaron Mook Feb 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 1, 2019)
    That trailer was fine, but I'm starting to hate this the more I think about how unnecessary it is.

16. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Much better trailer than the first. I can always use more Hellboy in my life.

Also not expecting this to be a great film, but if I can walk out of it having had some mindless fun then it’s money well-spent in my books.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The tone of this still feels way off

18. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Don't know a lot about hellboy since I haven't read the comics, but I really liked the GDT movies, and this doesn't look like it's going to hold a candle to those..

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

some very GDT monsters in there.

20. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Has anyone watched the Sucker of Souls episode of Love Death + Robots? It’s how I imagine a Hellboy TV show should be made

coleslawed likes this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yes, fuck yes

715creeks likes this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This is still screening for press right? I'm hearing it isn't in some spots. Not promising

23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's not screening for press here in the Midwest and as far as I can see on the usual screening sites, doesn't look like they're doing it anywhere. A very, very bad sign.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I definitely have very low expectations for this and Spawn

25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It looks fucking stupid - even for a Hellboy movie lol