Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hellboy (Neil Marshall; April 12, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 18, 2017.

1. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

How has there not been a trailer or even a poster for this movie yet? Obviously comic-con, but dang son. I just need a trailer ASAP.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

we’re still 6 months out, that’s a long ways out for a january release.

3. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Guess I’ve become conditioned to expect a teaser a year out from a comic book flick

4. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Pretty sure this’ll be a teaser trailer reveal

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hell yeah. I'm just about finished reading the whole story. Going through the short stories right now. Absolutely love the book so much. Hopefully the tone stays intact. As much as I love the first two films, they feel more like GDT films than Hellboy movies.

coleslawed and 715creeks like this.
  6. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I agree, the books have more of a stoic mysticism in them that the GDT flicks really missed. Hoping this follows within the nature. The library editions are some of my most prized possessions in my comic collection. Gonna have to break them out before the movie comes around

Connor likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I really wish I had bought the library editions. I wasn't too versed in the series other than the films, so I didn't want to make the investment. Went with the omnibus versions. I like them a lot because they are in chronological order based on the event stories. Really love that it doesn't jump around.

I have to say, my favorite story out of everything so far has to be Pancakes. Stories like that are what makes the book so special.

8. Seeing that this got pushed back a few months to April 12 now.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That actually seems like a really good thing. Pulling it out of the dead winter months will help.

10. Looking at the release schedule for 2019, Dumbo and Shazam come out in the couple weeks before it. Doesn't look like there's too much blockbuster competition from there until Avengers drops on May 3.

11. [​IMG]

coleslawed, RyanPm40, jkauf and 4 others like this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

Looks awesome, not sold on legendary AF as a tagline though.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

beefy

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

It's very

[​IMG]

but man, I can't believe how jacked Harbour is haha

15. tvck

Trusted

that poster is fucking dope

16. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I think it’s a body suit

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

oh ok haha. I feel dumb. But that makes sense cause that is insane

18. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I think I saw him on Colbert and they were complimenting him but he didn’t get the chance to deny it. Still looks great though

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  19. tvck

Trusted

He's definitely a big enough guy to pull it off, but seeing him in interviews after filming had started on this, he didn't look that buff.

715creeks and Dog with a Blog like this.
  20. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

I imagine he just needed the build, and probably wouldn’t have enough to tone his muscles to that degree before shooting began

21. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

[​IMG]
    They should immediately fire who’s coming up with these tag lines

22. Dog with a Blog

Ugh

23. flask

Trusted Supporter

I saw a commercial for Greys Anatomy I think and it said something like "the show thats brought you 15 seasons of FEELS." A major network used the phrase "FEELS"?!?!? Fuck off.

24. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Imagine a Fantastic Four film poster where the tagline is “We got you fam” or “Fam 4ever”

What are these marketing companies doing anyways? Are they just trying to appeal to younger audiences? Or..

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Apparently that one actually works in the context of the show since they make a lot of references to pop culture and are meta in that sense. I haven't seen the show so I can't contest to the validity of the claim

still bad af tho