Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Heathers (Paramount Network) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 18, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jan 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also featuring Shannen Doherty and Selma Blair

2. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Y'know, I rewatched the original right before Halloween and was talking to someone about how I thought it would "never fly" nowadays, so I find this kinda funny. I'd definitely put myself in the cautiously optimistic camp, though I am quite a big fan of seeing Spike turn into something that's not, well, Spike. ("TV for men!" lol) Seems like a few solid steps in the right direction.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Ruining my childhood!!

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Is this going to be a movie or series? If a series I can't imagine it having much to go on content wise if they're following the same structure as the original.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

10 episode anthology series, if I remember correctly each season would be a completely new story assuming it's renewed

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

hmm, interesting. I mean, you can see this preview shows it's pretty much mirroring the original story but what are they going to do in subsequent seasons if renewed? At least with Fargo, an anthology show based on a standalone movie, at least they have the location and successfully maintained the tone as the movie which makes it work as an adaptation.

Jdaniels likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I don't know about this...

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Just watched this movie on Hulu for the first time, went in fairly blind and holy shit was this problematic and fucked up.

Honestly shocked a series is being made, seems like the kinda story studios would (and probably should) shy away from. especially the school bombing finale

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

The movie was known for its dark humor in the age of John Hughes and now considered a cult classic. Lots of movies from the 70s, 80s, 90s couldn’t be made today at least at the studio level

Jdaniels likes this.
  10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I'm super into this idea, but I can also anticipate it being maybe awful ha. I found out that my bf has never seen heathers before though so I'm gonna have to sit him down for it soon

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone watch it yet?

13. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

so fucking gross, jeez

15. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

god DAMN I take back what I said about Spike's rebranding and hopes for better content, this sounds like the worst thing ever

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I’m glad
    This seemed like the opposite of what the original Heathers was all about

18. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Happy pride month!!!

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

I love my dead gay son!

mad likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. chelsealouanne

Regular

Heathers is my favourite film, and I know I will be (extremely) disappointed going into it, but I do want to check this reboot out just purely to see how Shannen's cameo will tie into it.

22. chelsealouanne

Regular

Bumping since this premiered two days ago, and I wanna talk about it!

Did anyone catch it? Thoughts? I personally liked it the more the two hours went on. I liked how Part Two held more of its own. I liked the small details, like the tweety in Heather MacNamara's room. And as far as the little twist goes with Heather Chandler and her being alive, I wish it was something they kept going for a storyline. But, it looks like each Westerburg death will be a suicide, and not homicide. Also, I hope they do go back and give us more backstory on Shannen's Heather Duke after that opening. I thought maybe flashback of young Veronica & Betty was going to be that instead of their friend. All in all, I see myself tuning in for remainder of the binges