Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Hear Jim Adkins’s Wet Lab Play “Lords of Hell”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Earlier this year Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World took part in the Phoenix Rock Lottery and formed a band called Wet Lab. They performed two originals and a cover at the show. They then released the two originals on a cassette tape for charity. You can stream one of the songs, “Lords of Hell,” below.

Five Arizona musicians were matched together at a Rock Lottery in January 2015 and tasked with writing 3 songs and learning one cover song to perform later that same night. Featuring Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World, Chan Schulman of Harper and the Moths, Justin Weir of Celebration Guns, Mitch Wyatt of Pinner and Jason Roedl of Mergence, Wet Lab recorded 2 of these tracks and have now decided to share them on a cassette. That’s right, a cassette. Some would call it a “cassingle”.

The post Hear Jim Adkins’s Wet Lab Play “Lords of Hell” appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. magnetrap

Newbie Supporter

I love this sound. Seriously thought Jim released his solo record last year, but haven't heard anything but one other song. Did I miss something?

My first post. Long time reader, first time poster. I check the site daily so figured I'd join, especially during the current blink tidal wave.

3. Listen to I Will Go - EP by Jim Adkins on @AppleMusic.
    I Will Go - EP by Jim Adkins on iTunes

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. Collins

Trusted

God my brain is fried from work and finals. I totally read that title thinking it was going to be a recording Jim's wet dog somehow performing a song :seeno:

5. magnetrap

Newbie Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  6. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

This is actually better than most of the last album. Takes me back to the golden days.

David Parke likes this.
  7. jorbjorb

7 rings

this is awesome wow.

David Parke likes this.
  8. nickyeatworld

Regular

I would kill to get this songs in good quality because they sound awesome as hell

David Parke likes this.
  9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Both of these tunes are awesome. Love this sound and hearing Jim have this much fun (not that I don't think he still is in JEW).

10. Junction183

More of this...it's fantastic.

David Parke likes this.
  11. kpatrickwood May 10, 2016
    (Last edited: May 10, 2016)
    kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

God these songs are awesome. Was hoping they'd be on Spotify but the closest thing is a band called Wet Labia.

Edit: Like the true dumbass my father raised, I didn't read the article before posting, and it specifically said they won't be releasing it any other format ever. And since the article is from quite awhile ago, it would seem that they meant it. Congrats guys, you got me to buy my first cassette in 20 years.

David Parke likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This is awesome, what's the Ruebens Accomplice connection? It's uploaded on their YouTube channel

13. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

There is actually a vido for on Vimeo, which apparently has been uploaded 11 months ago o.O

Has better audio too.

kpatrickwood and David Parke like this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Could have been a private video til now

15. jco3

Regular

Damn, really like that song.

16. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Holy shit. This is amazing. Hoping the new JEW record sounds this good.

Wish there was a FLAC download of these songs somewhere, the proceeds of that could just as easy be donated to the charity.

David Parke likes this.
  17. LUAU