Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 99

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I slept on my shoulder/neck awkwardly Saturday night and was able to power through an upper body workout Sunday. my body is giving me the big FU the last two days though and just being super stiff so I’ve taken them off from the gym. It’s just a mental thing I’m sure but I already feel like I’ve lost some upper body strength just from two days off lol.

Dirty Sanchez and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Been using Yoga With Adriene to supplement my workouts. She's great if anyone wants to do YouTube yoga.

JBoch and Wharf Rat like this.
  3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I got trigger point injections last week to finally address the unending muscle spasms/pain that have endured for years, and for the first time in forever I am sitting here like...this is what normal feels like? I have had at best tightness and pain in my shoulders/neck and at worst spasms that produce migraines for so long I had forgotten what it's like to NOT feel any pain.

This is all very good because I had stopped exercising since it only ever exacerbated my spasms but now I feel like maybe I can finally start lifting very light weights and running again and build muscles to help prevent this going forward. Anyway if I had steady and affordable healthcare through these past 5 years or so maybe I could have addressed this much sooner so vote for Bernie y'all cause we need M4A.

thesoftskeleton, Kiana and GrantCloud like this.
  4. owlwolfpossum

Hey! I've never been entirely too physically active (except through manual labor jobs). I would like to start a healthier lifestyle when it gets warmer around where I live.

I'm not sure if I can afford a gym membership at the moment - what are some home exercises I can start with?

5. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Burpees

Burpees Benefits | Livestrong.com

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. atlas

Trusted

Rearranged enough clutter in my place to have a reasonably large enough area to do at home workouts. The gym may be closed but the grind never stops :demon:

phaynes12 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

So I've been gaining weight. I think it's from my meds but I have split opinions from doctors. Typically I gain every year, but just like 5ish pounds. This time I gained 35lb in one year and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. It's been a struggle especially with everything going on. I can't go to the gym and I still have to work. I know BMI isn't always accurate but mine is overweight now. And I guess I subconsciously fished for compliments because I told someone that expecting them to be shocked and they were just silent. Oop. I just wanna fit in my clothes again.

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Can’t wait for all this to go away so I can go back to the gym

9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

me and @St. Nate have been constantly lifting

10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

This Rona has been cutting into my gains

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

not mine

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin and phaynes12 like this.
  13. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

How's everyone doing with everything closed? Been trying to do stuff at home but it's definitely not the same. I always hate doing cardio and now I have another excuse not to do anything for it. Mostly just doing calisthenics and I have some dumbells.

14. Kiana

My apartment is tiny and I'm srsly struggling to even do any at home work out. I can do some ab and arm stuff but I'm struggling with cardio

15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Been riding my bike for about 20 miles a ride. Already gone on 3 this week. Next week it doesn’t look like I’m working so maybe I can go more. Also just been using some resistance band things but I don’t really know what I’m doing. Played some Ring Fit on the switch which is actually kind of intense

16. Jason

Regular

Yeah I hate running outside so my cardio has definitely gone down.
    Time can go by fast if you do this; find a location that is about 2 miles from where you live. Make a playlist of songs that lasts an hour. Walk to that location and then walk back home. It should take you an hour.
    If you don't want to make a playlist, then find a podcast or some interview you can listen to for an hour.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Nothing has changed much for me (yet). I still do most of my running outside and while I see more people than I did before and I end up running in the road more before sidewalks due to so many people out in nice days I actually prefer to run in the road. Otherwise on shitty days I use my NordicTrack at my parents house.

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I’m running more because being cooped up at home has me itching to get outside.

19. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I usually planned my workout schedule around my work schedule but since the gyms are closed here and my job shut down earlier this week, among the many things to process, I'm still figuring out an exercise routine, which will mainly consist of running.

Thankfully my town has plenty of good running trails. Just need to keep a distance from the crowds people/families that unfortunately build up along those trails.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I haven’t done shit in 3 weeks and feel awful about it. My routine is going to gym on my lunch breaks and with gym closed and working from home, obviously no longer an option.

I HATE running outside but sooner or later I’m gonna start. Probably gonna bike more too.

Eating habits are poor again too however luckily I haven’t managed to put on any weight...yet.

I’ve been walking my dog a ton tho!

21. Kiana

I tried intermittent fasting but didn't last long. It increased my migraines and idk. Maybe I didn't eat well enough during the eating period, but when I'm hungry I get migraines. Maybe if I did it long enough to adjust and not be hungry in the morning, but not gonna keep trying and risk that for a migraine. If I try again in the future I might have to limit fasting time and work my way up. I was doing 16:8. For now I'm just gonna keep trying to increase my exercise which is still kinda hard with the stay at home orders

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This is actually indicative of low glucose levels.

GrantCloud and Kiana like this.
  23. Kiana

That is interesting. I fainted once (not while doing IF) and my glucose levels were tested immediately and they were fine. I feel like I have a lot of the symptoms of low glucose levels when I Google it, but my blood work is always fine so I never know what the deal is

24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

hmmm, that's odd. Low glucose levels=bad tension headaches a lot of the time

25. Kiana

I just figured I'm dying slowly or something lol. My doctor said migraines can sometimes be like impossible to pinpoint since there's so many causes so idk.