Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 95

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Been doing IF for a week now and have dropped several pounds! Night time is definitely a little hard still but nothing I can't manage. I actually like this better than just counting calories throughout the whole day. Having the window of time to eat is a ton better for me. Hopefully I stick with it.

Steve_JustAGuy, jkauf and K0ta like this.
  2. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Yeah glad it’s workings out for you!!

oldjersey likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Me too! Im pumped, I even havent been able to exercise much as I pulled my calf pretty hard running last week, pushed it a little too much haha. I'm excited to hit the gym starting tomorrow and do IF also and see the results.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Been sticking to this lifting routine and I’m really enjoying it. (The same one I sent you @oldjersey.)

but as I focus more on stretching and stuff (#gettingolderandsmarter) I’m becoming aware of how poor my posture has been for decades and how not properly rehabbing injuries had messed me up

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Nurses at my doctor's office always weigh me fully clothed with shoes. Weighed 204 there yesterday, hit the gym and then weighed 197 when I got home. Feeling short changed haha.

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I only weigh myself in a pair of boxers or nothing. It’s not really a fair number when you have a ton of cloths/shoes on

Mr. Serotonin and Steve_JustAGuy like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeahhhh but people are more likely to see you in your clothes weight than your naked weight, ever thinka that?

GrantCloud likes this.
  8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Speak for yourself.

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

You think this guy is a nudist Dr? I guess there's no way to know for sure.

Steve_JustAGuy and GrantCloud like this.
  10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

You’d be surprised.

GrantCloud and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

damn Tonin this is hella true I guess

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Last time I was at my doctor's office I jokingly complained that the nurse weighed me with my boots on and my doctor didn't even crack a smile, just said: "Eric, your boots don't weigh 45 pounds."

13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Damn. time to find a new doctor, dude.

14. Garrett

so what's the afterlife like because you were murdered in cold blood

15. @@ron

Regular

I weighed 200 last Christmas. This morning I’m at 180.4.. goal is 180 but I think I’m changing it to 175 cause there is still some love handle action going on. Was 188 oct 15th when I started tracking it daily. Anyway.. it feels good!

16. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

so glad i started lifting because its the only kind of exercise i enjoy and i would be sitting on my ass 24/7 otherwise

gonna have to start doing cardio at some point but i hate it so i'm glad i found something else to do

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

cannot recommend boxing enough to everyone

Steve_JustAGuy and Wharf Rat like this.
  18. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Everyone should lift weights, it's truly the greatest exercise. If you are doing heavy compound movements you will be surprised at how much cardio you actually do. A heavy set of squats or deadlifts wipes me out and gets my blood pumping like a run or bike ride would.

Wharf Rat and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  19. phaynes12

jumping rope is actually the best exercise there is. i’d much rather lift weights, but there are better exercises out there for you, certainly.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  20. Wharf Rat

i'm scared of getting CTE

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  21. phaynes12

i totally get that. i think you have a bit of a misconception though haha. i have been going to boxing classes three days a week for the last eight months, with the exception of when i was out of the country, and i’ve gotten punched in the head zero times. it’s a great full body workout and you can do it entirely with a bag or with a person with mits and never take a hit.

Steve_JustAGuy and Wharf Rat like this.
  22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I've been doing combat sports almost daily for years now and if you're interested at all I say give it a try. They've been incredibly rewarding for me.

Obviously, accidents and injuries happen, but I haven't witnessed anything out of the ordinary injury-wise compared to other rec sports (besides skin infections and whatnot, but that's a completely different issue). Any worthwhile gym won't have you spar full contact until you're ready and willing to go.

Anyway, that's my endorsement, but by all means, lifting is great too. In another life I want to be a powerlifter/strongman.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  23. phaynes12

i would be more worried about getting unwarranted shots to the nuts than CTE. it's not great.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  24. Wharf Rat

I lied when I said I only liked lifting, I forgot I also love yoga, which will hopefully help me with lifting also :)

25. Garrett

theragun is having a black friday sale and i have zero regrets about that purchase.