Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 94

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I’ve also been on a OMAD kick and it’s doing wonders. Also makes it way easier for me to power through any hunger/urge to boredom snack when I know I can feast for an hour and have trouble even approaching my calorie limit. That meal can be, like, four Taco Bell items and I’ll still feel on track

thesoftskeleton likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I gotta eat throughout the day. I have to constantly have snacks with me because I can faint or get migraines. Last night I woke up at like 3am just starving. I guess u could argue that if the meals I do eat were more healthy and full that I may not have that problem lol, but I'm not quite there yet. I think if I meal and snack prepped I could probably do it, but that dang lil depression is always out to kill my motivation!

Lately I have to be okay with meeting myself where I'm at. Just worked 11 hours with no real break and I'm so tired I'm nauseous. It's difficult to balance that and exercising and having motivation to eat well. And I didn't even intend to do it like I totally planned on taking a nap and packing a lunch during my break and then going to the gym after work buuuuuut didn't happen for me lol.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

the fall weather has hit in full force this week and i really love it for my runs. already have hit patches of crunchy leaves during some of the journey's :heart:

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It's f*ckboi fall, i'm about to get shredded

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

6. Mr. Serotonin

K0ta, Dirty Sanchez and GrantCloud like this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

JFG I’m out of data

K0ta, GrantCloud and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. Mr. Serotonin

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Whoops wrong thread

K0ta, GrantCloud and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Down to 201, getting back under 200 is a short term goal for me.

12. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I'm gonna start running again today, fell off completely once the summer hit, then got a tattoo on my leg which sidelined me for a month, then hurt my leg in a mosh pit (lol im old) so that sidelined me a bit longer - but it's finally cooling off, and it's time to get back into it.

Kiana, Ken, GrantCloud and 3 others like this.
  13. K0ta

I went for a run yesterday! Only got 2 miles but I didn't want to push it, because I get really bad knots in my neck/back that give me migraines and so I don't want to overexert myself right out of the gate. I think my average was 9:45 a mile which I am not happy about but I can work on it.

Does anybody else's nose run as much as mine does? It's sooo gross, I think it's because my nose piercings tbh but I am so snotty during and after a run, it's uncomfortable haha.

GrantCloud, Joe4th and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. Mr. Serotonin

It's always so hard to gauge when you go back to it, haha. Easy to run way farther than needed and then you can't walk for several days :crylaugh:

K0ta likes this.
  15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I also get super snotty during/after runs and it’s miserable haha

K0ta likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

I would guess it might be weather, climate or breathing-style related because I haven't had any issues with nose stuff at all over the last 4-5 months, whether it's 3 miles or 18

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. K0ta

Exactly, I think I stopped at the perfect time too because a few minutes late my lungs burned up and my muscles got really tight. I'm feeling it today but lots and lots of stretching is keeping me from seizing up too bad. I really wanted to keep going but I need to be patient...which I really am not haha.

GrantCloud and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just started running today too after just walking in the mornings for two months and it felt a lot better than I thought it would. It actually felt great, i'm doing intermittent running at the moment. I realized today I need to start doing the gym in the mornings instead of just walking/running around my complex. I'm at 20 lbs down but my weight loss has slowed down to a crawl and obviously harder exercise will change that. I'm gonna try out the couch to 5k app for tracking my running progress and see how that goes.

Does anyone have a good reference I could use to start developing a workout routine? I absolutely suck at lifting at gyms, the only time I lifted consistently was crossfit which I plan going back to around the new year. When I go to the gym though to life I have no idea what to do and how often etc. Can't exactly do power cleans and snatches in a public gym. Any suggestions??

K0ta and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

If you're nervous about lifting in gyms, you can get very far with just body weight type workouts. Wide grip and close grip pull ups if you can, sometimes they have a resistance band type set up you can use so that you can do more pull ups than you normally would be able to. Wide/diamond/close push ups as well, ab wheels, leg raises while hanging from a pull up bar, etc, box jumps, etc.

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I wouldn't say its nerves, I just have brutal ADD and really need a strict routine to follow and complete or else im just gonna be all over the place. Im just thinking free weights and machines right now, pull ups with resistance bands and box jumps will definitely be waiting for me when I start crossfit again haha.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

22. marsupial jones

B-)

It’s the only thing I have to flex about. Let me have this!!! :verysad:

GrantCloud likes this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I do not understand why people need the bench like two feet from the free weight rack. Like “ope, let me awkwardly reach around you for some weights”

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Remind me to send you a good six week workout (I’m about to start it again on Sunday) I’ve done a few times now that I love. Message me sometime tomorrow if I forget (it’s on my work computer).

oldjersey likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Will do!