Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 92

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Have a kid. Works like a charm.

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I already saw smh

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

You can borrow my cat, he’s good at waking us up at 5.

4. LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

so close to being nice

dylan, Dirty Sanchez and GrantCloud like this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez Sep 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2019)
    Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

My heart doesn’t even beat anymore when I work out it seems.

Struggle to get over 140bpm.

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

setting an alarm and getting up when it goes off.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

[​IMG]

GrantCloud and spiffa0 like this.
  9. [​IMG]

GrantCloud and dylan like this.
  10. LightWithoutHeat

Make a plan to meet someone at that time to work out. The shame of letting them down will motivate you.

RJ Knorr and dylan like this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Lol I used to drink water before bed so that by the time 5am rolled around I had to get up to pee anyway. But obv u have to plan it cause if u have to pee before 5 it wont work!!

12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

This requires you to know someone who gets up at 5 am though lol. I’ve never personally met someone who got up at 5 am. I just get called “crazy” when people find out I get up around that time.

Also, not sure how many people WANT to be around someone else at 5 am. That may ruin relationships lol

13. LightWithoutHeat

[​IMG]

FTank likes this.
  14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

There’s definitely something to this.

marsupial jones likes this.
  15. marsupial jones

Ok working out after work sucks. I saved my run for after work since I wanted to run in the sun and not the rain but it was just a mess. Felt in a rush, traffic everywhere, wanted to get it done so I could go home and eat and do other stuff. Mornings work so much better for me, I just wish the sun rose at like 4:30 am every day so I could run in it :tear:

16. marsupial jones

Night Glo Run in Milwaukee tonight. My first ever running “event”.

It will be interesting to deal with running while being surrounded by people, how the energy effects me, trying to stay steady and run my own race and not try to keep up with others and most importantly remembering to start off slow and not come out sprinting like I’ll probably feel like doing because of the atmosphere.

Smart move on my part to get a “trial” experience of this (tonight is only 6.2 miles) before my marathon in November. That would have been a lot to take in at once on top of the nervousness of running a marathon.

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Considering getting a fitbit versa today, anyone use fitbit? Thoughts? What model?

GrantCloud likes this.
  18. marsupial jones Sep 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2019)
    marsupial jones

Ended up getting third place in my age group (30-34) with 50:16 time (8:06 average) and 20th overall out of 352 people.

I wasn’t really considering time at all but wanted to be around 9 minutes a mile so this was a great surprise, especially finishing top 3 in my age group. Had no idea until I was wandering over by what turned out to be the announcement board that everyone was standing by.

dylan and Kiana like this.
  19. Lastsliceofpizza

I have one. Not sure what model it is. It seems to be pretty accurate. The battery last a long time. I don't have to charge it too often.

It was a gift and I kind of lost interest in it. After awhile I stopped caring how many steps I walk. So I don't wear it that often.

20. Kiana

Ok I need to get srs and go back to the gym and eat well. I'm gaining weight which is like fine, except my jeans are getting uncomfortable and my butt is hanging out of my skirts and I'm not about to spend all this money on a new wardrobe. My butt looks great lol so yay, but a lot of the weight is also going to my hips/oblique/"love handles" or whatever hence the uncomfortable pants.

My depression plays the hardest part. When it's acting up I just have zero desire to do anything, let alone grocery shop, prepare food, exercise, etc. It's a super hard slump for me to work past.

21. Kiana

I hate when ppl say others make too many excuses to not go to the gym and they just don't prioritize. Like maybe that's true for some but omg it's hard af. Like today I had to go grocery shopping on my lunch break because it was either get food for the week or go to the gym. Then I got off work at 7:15pm and I'm at the gym now but like yeah it's hard and it sucks. I can't even imagine if I had kids and stuff. When I get done with the gym it'll basically be shower -> quick snack (or meal if I'm lucky) -> sleep. Don't blame ppl who don't wanna do that!

RJ Knorr and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Down 12 lbs and very much in a rhythm right now, just taking it day by day and really pushing the momentum forward, I feel really really good, it's been a little over 2 weeks.

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Have to lay off running for a bit (so upset), anyone have recommendations for their favorite low impact workouts?

25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Swimming!