Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 88

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t been to the gym in four days and I actually feel myself going nuts.

jkauf and marsupial jones like this.
  2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Decided to go for a run after work instead of taking a day off of running (cross training this morning) and it was my first run outside in forever and my god I forgot how different it is with wind resistance and a beautiful sun shining down on you.

Definitely gotta do more of these outside runs in preparation for a half-marathon in October.

Also I got that Runner’s high goin’ which is the best feeling everrrrrrrrr B-)

dylan likes this.
  3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Back in the gym after 4 days and damn my lifts felt weak as hell smh

dylan likes this.
  4. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Stair master has become my best friend and my worst enemy. It absolutely kicks my ass in the best way. I alternate every two mins walking and kickbacks for 30 mins and I sweat in a way I cannot express. I’ve seen some people trying to get to level 100 as fast as possible and I wanna try to do that soon. I’m coming off being sick so I’m gonna give it a few days.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The stair master DESTROYS me. I def think it's the most challenging piece of cardio equipment at the gym

thesoftskeleton likes this.
  6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I loved the stair master, but my knee didn't.

7. Kiana

I currently weigh the most I've ever weighed and I feel like my butt looks amazing, but I've also gained weight in my face and I'm v not thrilled about that part. I'm still going to the gym but it's definitely fallen off of being part of my regular routine and I'm going to change that!

8. marsupial jones Jul 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2019)
    marsupial jones

When I woke up this morning I was not in the mood to go to the gym and thought “If i get there at all I should call that a success” and then I got there and just wasn’t feeling it. And on my run I wasn’t really feeling it either.

And then before I knew it my 4 miles were up and all my sets were done and all the negatives of how the day started were long long long gone! Awesome feeling.

jkauf and Kiana like this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

my diet and activity level has really dipped in the last 6 months. A big part of it is that I work in an area without a lot of food options, and I've never been good about bringing my lunch. So I've been eating a lot of Taco Bell and gas station grilled cheese.

The other part of it has to do with my schedule and maybe depression/lack of motivation. Anyway I need to find a new gym, reset, and get back on track

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. Kiana

The only saving grace between me and getting take out all the time is that my laziness and dislike of driving overrides my desire for quick and convenient food. I was gonna get takeout today but the good part of living in the middle of nowhere is that all places near me that wouldn't require me driving out of my way close at 8pm. So I'm eating strawberries and tortellini lol.

I'm getting off work too late to go to the gym and today I was too exhausted to go in the morning. Fingers crossed that I'm a productive human tomorrow..

11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

For those who have been successful at it: what are your favorite leaning workouts?

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

ChaseTx and Garrett L. like this.
  13. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I went longboarding for the first time in awhile and now my left leg (pushing leg) is shredded hahaha. I've been slacking on my running too, time to get back in shape. The only good thing is that my diet has improved quite a bit and that's kept me feeling okay.

ChaseTx and GrantCloud like this.
  14. marsupial jones

Many lifetimes ago I bought a longboard and on my first night out with friends had such a blast (out for maybe 6-7 hours). The next day, while there was only stiffness and no pain, from crotch to knee on the inside of my thigh was super dark purple on my pushing leg lol. Definitely ruptured something but never felt any discomfort so maybe it was just really overused and the blood vessels all bursts. It was the strangest looking thing I’ve ever personally seen on me.

K0ta likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

jkauf, ChaseTx, gonz (Alex) and 3 others like this.
  16. Kiana

I now understand u prob mean like lean body type but when u first posted this I legit thought u were asking for exercises involving the act of leaning

Garrett L. likes this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

No. You’re right. I wanna do that Michael Jackson dance move.

ChaseTx and Kiana like this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I did that for a long time. Definitely made me feel better and made me loose weight. I only fell out of it because I had to start eating breakfast again because I had to take antibiotics.

19. Kiana

Britney Spears recently posted on insta that she does an hour on the treadmill so I was like lemme be Britney. I def feel accomplished! I usually do half an hour. The first half hour was hard af (prob cause i went in the morning and I'm not a morning person so it was tough getting in the headspace) but the second half hour was easier

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It's that time where I have to get back to a clean diet to drop some weight :tear:

21. Kiana

I know ten pounds isn't a ton to gain, but I'm short so it makes a difference and like none of my skirts or dresses effectively cover my butt and are work appropriate anymore and I'm running out of outfits for court. Feeling v

giphy-50.gif

22. marsupial jones Aug 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 1, 2019)
    marsupial jones

Did a random 7 mile run after work that was probably the best run I’ve had in a very long time. First half mile or so is always rough as my left ankle and right calf are sore so I gotta work out the rust in them before I really get going but my goodness was a run after a hectic day on my feet and having Chinese food for lunch. If I didn’t run out of roads to go down I may have kept going for another mile or two.

I know every run is different but today really showed me that I really am in loving with running. There was pain and aches and whatever and not every song that played in my mix I was in the mood for but I still loved being out there and running. It was glorious.

And I got to add holding a baby goat for a few seconds as one escaped from the fenced in area from the nearby goat farm so that was cool. Don’t get to do that everyday.

GrantCloud likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Haven’t been working out much but I got a second job at a restaurant and it’s been kicking my assssss

DAC836AE-43D9-4E13-87FF-EA6F2C015181.png

K0ta, Kiana and GrantCloud like this.
  24. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I've been eating exceptionally healthy overall the last 2 weeks or so, lots of fruits and veggies and the like and barely any junk food at all. The worst thing I had was Taco Bell last week and I made it the only meal I had that day. It is going well but I have suddenly started having insane cravings and am starving and I'm like why now :verysad::verysad: I think I need to eat more protein.

GrantCloud and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Reputation is the perfect album to listen to while working out and I’m too lazy to compile a new playlist