Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 87

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

4am? Haaaaaaaard pass

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm sorry but this is some serial killer shit

FTank, Omni, spiffa0 and 4 others like this.
  3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Is this Mark Whalberg?

Garrett L. and GrantCloud like this.
  4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Seriously, though, what time do you go to bed?

5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

If that was me.... 5 pm

jkauf likes this.
  6. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I wish I could get up at 4am to start the day. I managed to do 5:30 for a time and I loved watching the sun come up, but I couldn't lift nearly as well that early in the morning.

dylan likes this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I used to do kickboxing in the morning before work but I'm just not a morning person. I typically go on my lunch break or after work. Wish I would go in the morning tho because it's nice to get it over with and know it's done. It sucks when I rly wanna go after work but something comes up and I can't. Vs the morning because not much rly unexpected comes up then

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've never in my life been a morning person...I could EASILY sleep until noon or 1 pm if I could.

You’d think as you grow up, have a career (where you wake up every day between 6-730 am for 12 straight years) and having kids (where you never get sleep) you’d get used to waking up early...but nope, definitely not.

9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve definitely become more a morning person as I’m older (preference is a workout between 8-10 am), but 4 AM is still the middle of the night lol

10. Garrett

I get up at 5:15 and 4 makes me physically ill

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

:eyeglass::devil:

:eyeglass::devil:

i go to bed between 10-11 pm. it's weird / sucks because i adore sleeping and could sleep forever (on weekends when i go to the gym i come home, eat breakfast, shower and then go back to bed) but if i sleep more than 5 hours a night i'm super groggy and like overtired or something. so as much as i wince at the idea of only sleeping 5-6 hours a night, it makes sense for my body because if i get more than that i'm not gonna be productive at all that day.

jkauf likes this.
  12. Same. Lunch time is the best.

13. Garrett

There isn’t enough time over lunch to work out properly, though. Unless you’re lucky and get like two hours.

GrantCloud and dylan like this.
  14. LightWithoutHeat

If you do compound lifts you can get a solid workout in an hour or less. At least I can...

15. Garrett

What about drive time? Actually eating? Showering to not be disgusting at work? Cardio?

I would need minimum two hours to workout over lunch and that’s eating while driving.

16. LightWithoutHeat

I'm talking doing heavy squats, deadlifts, and presses. I pick two and do 3x5 (except DL are 1x5) and can get them done in 30-40 minutes and I'm toast. Takes me 10-15 minutes to get to my gym and change, and I'll do a poor man's shower if I'm particularly ripe. I eat at my desk and save cardio for the weekends.

I suppose if your fitness goals are different this might not be feasible in an hour, hour 15. Just saying it's possible to put in work in a short amount of time.

dylan likes this.
  17. Garrett

Yeah, I gotcha. I swear far too much to not do an entire shower anytime I workout so that’s always an extra 15 minutes in my mind. My job doesn’t let us eat at our desk (eyeroll).

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  18. Garrett

I’m on day 2 of whole30 (but doing fifty days) and day 7 of being anti-depressant free and let me tell you that vertigo (main side effect of coming off my scrip) and heavy cardio do not mix.

Everything feels wild right now tbh. But yes, I’m also being careful and really listening to my body. I just can’t go in my next vacation feeling the way I currently do about my body.

19. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

If I work out on my lunch break I do a shorter version. Like 20-30 min cardo and 15 min of strength training or stretching. But I also live in an area where everything is 5 min away so that helps. Then I just eat while I work like the sad person I am.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My gym is about 10-15 min away from my work so I’m gone 11:30-1:30 Mon, Wed & Fri. Tues/Thurs i don’t really take a lunch at all so it all kind of evens out. Plus I do some night events for work every now and then so no one ever questions it because I’m easily still putting in 40 hours + every week.

dylan likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I also tend to come in a little earlier and leave a little later on the three days I do go to the gym on lunch

22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

The part I like about going super early in the morning (or super late at night like I used to) is that it’s quieter, I can zone in and focus more and I can take my time warming up or winding down vs battling the clock to get back to work (meeting or no meeting).

Perfect world - yeah, I’d love to go during lunch (maybe) but much like @Garrett L. said and voiced concerns about, the loss of time, the rushing and all the other extracurricular outside of actually getting a workout in wouldn’t make it worth it.

Also I work like 15-20 minutes away from the gym which doesn’t help

23. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I on the other hand, love a solid midnight workout

24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I usually go around 7 or 8 PM though

25. Iain

Regular

The sweet spots I have found for the gym are 7.45am or 7.45pm. Really just avoiding the pre and post-work folk.