Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 86

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hate my gyms hours. Like I woke up at 530 today wide awake feeling randomly motivated to work out, but on weekends they don't open until 8 and I guarantee u by then I'll be 10x lazier and probably will have fallen back asleep lol.

justin. likes this.
  2. There's a brand of wraps called tumaros that have wraps that are 6g net carbs that are decent

justin. likes this.
  3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Might've hit a weightloss plateau so that sucks

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Cancelled my gym membership today :(((

5. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

welp guess I better put all this frustration to good use and try to set a new goal for bench press tonight

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my future apartment has a well kept gym and I still have a month until I move in and it’s just like ughhh let me move in already.

it’s summer vacation also so perfect time to go.

Mrplum5089 and Kiana like this.
  7. Kiana

I've gained ten pounds I think because my metabolism is a mess? Idk I've not had a big appetite lately so I'm just snacking on junk I find throughout the day instead of consistent healthy meals. Like the other day I legit had nothing but a piece of pound cake a coworker offered me and then a handful of jelly bellies that another coworker offered me, until dinner where I prob just made a bowl of cereal or something.

And I've been going to the gym less. But if I go tomorrow I'll have gone three days this week, and today I made sure that I meet myself where I'm at because when I went grocery shopping I got a lot of lazy snack foods but made sure they were healthier ones. Lots of fruit and then easily and quickly assembled food for when I'm lazy, like stuff for sandwiches and salads and pasta that's not Kraft.

8. Kiana

I go to the gym with my sister on weekends and she's more hardcore than me. She had us do these like lunges into a knee up thing with my arms in a position where I felt like cactuar. And now I'm sore af omg.

K0ta likes this.
  9. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I leave a swimsuit at my parents house for when I’m there and wanna swim and I put on the swimsuit I had there for the first time this year and it was quite large on but unfortunately the place it was most baggy was in my chest. Rip homies.

But when I look back about how hard I’ve worked this year or so after having three years and counting of really bad stomach pain which led me to gain weight, I know I did that damn thing. And even though I always worked out I was conditioned to believe weights and lifting “weren’t for girls” and when I started lifting I had a much better time at the gym. Not to mention the exercise really seems to help with my unexplainable and undiagnosable stomach pain.

jkauf, Garrett L., Kiana and 2 others like this.
  10. Kiana

Omfg the soreness. I was hobbling around today. It was def too much because I haven't been able to work out for the last two days which is like... Counterproductive. I'm rly gonna try to go tomorrow tho, even if it's just to stretch and do arms. I was going to go today, but just the thought of having to move the amount required to change out of my work clothes was too much lol. Every time I had to use stairs I died inside.

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’ve gained 26 pounds in 5 weeks going from full time retail to full time desk job despite getting stricter on my diet.

Fuck this.

dylan likes this.
  12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Got the all-clear from my doctor today that I can start running again and doing normal exercise stuff. Finally after about three months of “it’s probably best if you avoid almost everything you’ve been doing at the gym” I can get back into the swing of things. Never been so excited to get up at 4 am lol :heart::heart::heart:

GrantCloud and dylan like this.
  13. Kiana

Been to the gym twice this week which is already an improvement over the last like... Several months. Been trying to reward myself with the sauna afterwards tho. I try to convince myself it's gonna make my skin look amazing as a result

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Can't tell if my recent weight gain is from a terrible diet or due to lifting with a purpose again ha.

15. Kiana

I just sat in the sauna for 15 minutes and it feels like I just worked out for an hour. So exhausted omg.

16. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I have to speak my truth: if you work out in the morning you’re a fucking freak.

I went to the gym this morning before work because I have a work event tonight and it’ll be closed by the time I get done. I was so tired and had to deload almost every lift and I took preworkout too.

17. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I second this.

Wait until you have a kid, then you can watch all your lifting progress go right down the drain. I had to split my workouts into individual lifts or else it would take three hours to do three movements.

18. Garrett

I love cardio in the morning. I hate lifting in the morning.

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Working out in the morning is great, it’s just the finding motivation to go then is what’s hard for me.

20. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

do you have a shake or breakfast or anything before going in? I just felt super weak, which I usually don't in the afternoon because I have plenty of food I've ate during the day

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can barely do a 1130 pilates class haha,I'm not a morning person

GrantCloud likes this.
  22. Garrett

I know you asked Grant but:

I do cardio completely dry. If I have to lift in the morning, I usually do like a yogurt and a banana. I can do as intense a workout empty as I can with enough fuel from food throughout the day. With less of a chance of throwing up.

dylan and GrantCloud like this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly depends, if I roll out of bed and in a time crunch I just take a preworkout. The preworkout is pretty good at suppressing my appetite, but if I do have a couple minutes I’ll have a Greek yogurt and a banana/or apple and that usually holds me over til my shake/meal later on in the morning.

When I don’t work out in the morning though, I just make a shake and go to work. I’ve definitely noticed differences in my workouts now that I’ve started making an extra shake in the morning, more energy and better lifts. But I also switched from regular protein to a true mass supplement. Basically just more carbs and more calories, which is what I need because I generally try to eat 3,500 to 4,000 a day.

LightWithoutHeat and dylan like this.
  24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i usually go dry / empty to the gym in the morning but have started dabbling with a small snack 30 minutes prior to starting.

my new normal is:

4 am - wake up
    4:10 am - snack
    4:30 - arrive at gym
    4:30-4:45 am - warm up
    4:45 - 6:15 am - go go go
    6:30 am get home
    6:30-7 am make / eat breakfast
    7-7:15 am shower
    7:15 - 7:45 am get ready for work
    8 am - work

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Lunch time is the only time I go to the gym anymore. And it's the best.

Couldn't imagine going in the morning. My body just isn't ready for it. Too tired after work.