Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 85

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

I got in a relationship (woo) and started eating out and drinking more with friends (wooo) and gained about 20 lbs (booo). Now that I've graduated law school, I'm studying for the bar. Currently set up with a schedule where I get 20-ish minutes on a rowing machine in the morning, get in a swim or an eleyptical workout over lunch, focus on water intake and limiting beer and eating out, take the dog for a walk at night with the girlfriend, and am eating much healthier (just finished a carrot mango smoothie). I'm feeling great, and while the primary goal is passing the bar in July, I know that I work my best in a disciplined and systematic lifestyle. I'm 6"1 and weighed in at 196 this morning; aiming to be below 190 for my brother's wedding at the end of June, and would be thrilled to be happily below 185 in August.
    I lost a TON of weight during the first part of law school, but it was because I was living alone, eating lean cuisines and maybe going out for a drink once every two weeks. While I was at a great weight, I had no muscle built up, and have had to relearn how to live a "fun" life while being healthy. Any thoughts/support welcome.

2. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Favorite workout bands? Currently I listen to Turnstile while lifting and Mayday Parade/Run The Jewels for cardio

3. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Car Bomb

4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I pretty much only run or bike so these may not work for all scenarios but these are my main go to’s:

Norma Jean
    LCD Soundsystem
    AFI
    Beck
    Explosions in the Sky
    Every Time I Die
    Fall Out Boy (newer stuff)
    New Order
    R.E.M.
    Rush
    Underoath
    Billie Eilish
    Glass Animals
    Korn
    Coheeed & Cambria

LightWithoutHeat and Mrplum5089 like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

thrice
    mastodon
    QOTSA
    RTJ

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  6. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

mega cheesy, but give me that 80's glam hair metal all day

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I listen to electronic music almost exclusively when working out lol. Sometimes I'll dip into pop music/hardcore but I have a playlist I created for my runs and it just works so normally I am always curating that. Porter Robinson, Seven Lions, etc.

GrantCloud likes this.
  8. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

The last few months i've been listening to:

Pup
    The Menzingers
    Norma Jean
    The Dirty Nil
    Beastie Boys
    Run the Jewels
    Touche Amore
    Mannequin Pussy
    He Is Legend
    Gouge Away
    Tsunami Bomb
    ETID
    Slow Mass
    La Dispute

JBoch and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

When I would run a lot, I would always listen to Manchester Orchestra and when Shake it Out came on, I honestly believed I could have run through a brick wall.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  10. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So much Ellie. Excellent.

K0ta likes this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I mostly listen to my hip hop playlists but occasionally I'll throw in some rotting out or like turnstile

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

xRepeat

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  13. Anyone do Keto / extremely low carb? Need grab and go snack ideas beyond nuts and celery lol.

Bought some 100% cacao coconut cups and they were god awful

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

String cheese and turkey slices are my main go-to’s.

15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Mrplum5089 and mattav152 like this.
  16. Yeah I've been hitting cheese pretty hard. Noticed today that pepperoni is a good one too.

17. Kiana

Literally listened to this song on repeat the entire time I was at the gym today. When I start to get tired the chorus re-motivates me!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. Kiana

Omg I went on the bike which I never do and then had it on uphill mode so the resistance was ridic and I only lasted 10 minutes and I can still tell I'm gonna be sore af tomorrow

19. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Why is it that no matter what fucking day it is and what routine I decide to do, everyone in the gym is also doing that same routine on the same day and I have to wander around waiting for machines to open up.

20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

doing bench tonight and I have lonely island on random, “bikini babe workout” comes on...

Coincidence left me shook for a minute

21. Kiana Jun 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2019)
    Kiana

My biggest motivator lately is seeing ppl who aren't even old yet already in constant pain and discomfort from not taking care of themselves and suffering from things that are preventable. That rly freaks me out.

Also I've been working my way up on the stationary bike and did a full 30 min of uphill biking which was like 4 miles because the resistance was so high I could barely push my legs lmao and I'm gonna be miserably sore tomorrow!!

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Does anyone have any good recommendations for filtered water bottles?

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i have a brita one that’s nice

24. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Not one to work out in the morning, but I did a 6:30am class today and I'm struggling at work now lol

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I used to make a wrap with whole grain tortillas every day, but I already eat oatmeal and usually have peanut butter crackers. This caused me to try using dried seaweed for my wraps (less carbs and nutrients from the seaweed)

It’s actually pretty good. I just don’t want to use any sauce because I don’t think it will hold out until lunch.