Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 81

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Setting manageable, traceable goals that build on each other is vital, too.

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Hot yoga is my physical activity of choice. I don't want to lift stuff. I don't want to run. Just put me in a room for an hour and have me sweat and struggle to hold poses. It's very relaxing.

3. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I hate running. I don’t have the build for it and I’m bad at it. I played volleyball in high school and we were required to run a mile under 8 minutes and I’d work out allllll summer to try to get my mile time down cause running just wasnt it for me. I hated it. And pretty much after those says, I haven’t ran at all. I kinda made it a personal goal lately just to run a little bit and I started with sprints and got longer and longer and I was able to run a full mile yesterday no stopping and at a decently good pace. Despite always being into working out and stuff, running has always been something I can’t stand and I’m happy I was able to push myself out of my comfort zone.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

im catching up to @Dirty Sanchez in our weekly competitions, that is all

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Dog with a Blog and GrantCloud like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

7. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

it is genetic for sanch, dog

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Anyone here have experience with intermittent fasting??

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

use the search feature, you computer illiterate fuck

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Can I call you

11. Dog with a Blog

I gave you his number for a reason

12. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I did the 16:8 window about three years ago and it felt like magic and was way easier to stick to than any other diet method I’d tried. It helped that I was riding my bike to the work everyday and working out every morning, so it made the fat just melt off and it actually felt good to work out after fasting.

Due to injuries/the flu and then my company literally moving into the space where my gym had been, I lost all that progress and have been in terrible shape the last couple years. But as of a couple months ago I started IF again and it’s as easy as before tbh.

Probably easier for me because I’m 6’4 and floating around 250 right now, so my calorie deficit still allows me to eat quite a bit, and having to force it all into an 8 hour window has me feeling very full throughout the day until I go to sleep, and I’ve never been much of a morning eater anyways.

Also had a physical a couple weeks ago and my general health was a lot better and turns out my doctor also does IF and he was suggesting that I take it to a bit more of an extreme if I wanted to lose weight quicker, so either he’s right or I need a new doctor lol

oldjersey likes this.
  13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

So you would just simply count calories for the eating part always?? That's the one thing i'm trying to figure out, i'm confident in doing the 16:8 as I have terrible eating patterns so this actually won't be too hard, I just wanna make sure I eat enough in those 8 hour windows.

14. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I've been on 16:8 IF for a couple years now and its great. Really helps that I never really ate in the early AM anyways otherwise I'd probably struggle with it more. Drinking lots of water and black coffee between when I wake up and have lunch really helps to keep the appetite suppressed. Combining IF with a keto diet is super effective as well.

oldjersey likes this.
  15. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Yeah, although I’m no good at calorie counting without an app. So I just log everything on MFP and eat at a certain deficit every day within the window. So my maintenance calorie goal would be 2,900/day, so I set my limit at 1,900 for a deficit of 1,000/day to lose 2lbs per week. But with the IF and a thirty every morning I’ve been losing 3-4lbs per week pretty consistently if I stay disciplined. Which, again, is easier for me when I’ve got a window. The running gives me an extra 400 calories to play with too, where if I go overboard a certain day by a little then I know I’m still on track.

I’m also not tracking macros or cutting out anything specific except for soda. So I don’t really deny myself anything as long as I stay under the calorie goal. Yesterday I had chipotle for lunch and had to get Del Taco for dinner to squeeze into the window, and was still a few hundred calories under. Just easier for me to stick to a diet when it doesn’t totally feel like I’m dieting I guess.

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg im at the gym and they're showing the mummy!! It just started. My timing is glorious

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I freakin love that movie

Kiana likes this.
  18. Kiana

I will always remember being at a sleepover and we were about to watch Bring It On on vhs tape and it played the commercial for the Mummy beforehand and I crushed so hard on Brendan Fraser that night.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've been putting on some weight lately! Not super concerning but I've definitely been too loose with diet and exercise and I need to cut way down on eating junk and start working out consistently again

K0ta likes this.
  20. Kiana

Last night I was looking at a list of snacks ppl think are healthy that aren't, and like everything I eat was on it lol. I didn't think they were healthy so much as like healthier than other things I could be eating but it made me realize i eat way too much sugar

K0ta likes this.
  21. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I went back to the gym last week and went for a run yesterday for the first time in months...My mile time is up to 9 min 45 sec which feels baddddd considering I was close to going under 8 minutes last year!! I know that's not even a good mile time but it was improvement for me, considering when I started running about 5 or 6 years ago I couldn't even run a mile. It's my fault for always falling off of whatever exercise routine I start to get into. I've stabilized somewhat since we moved apartments and settled in and with the weather getting nice my mood is improving so I'm hoping to figure out a groove again.

jorbjorb and GrantCloud like this.
  22. dylan

i've been doing really well lately but fucking mondays always screw me over since i typically have council meetings that go until 9pm or later and my gym closes at 930. I need to start trying going to the gym when it opens and not after work but i am not a morning person

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Meal preppers, when you prep how many days do you make food for and on what days? Me and my girlfriend are going to start doing it but I always worry about eating 5 day old chicken.

24. dylan

I go to the grocery store on Sunday morning/afternoon and do the meal prepping Sunday night and do a full week of food. I never had any problems when I was eating chicken, as long as it's cooked properly.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Do you just bake it? I wish I had a freaking grill but i dont. Ugh.