Health & Fitness • Page 78

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Kiana

You look like bad news, I gotta have you Prestigious

Today I was so motivated that I packed my gym bag and felt awesome... And then I didn't go to the gym

2. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

It’s amazing how much you can learn about yourself in three days

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Fletchaaa

Regular Supporter

Changing how I eat is so much harder than getting myself to the gym. Salty snacks are so hard to resist for me.

himynameisiain likes this.
  4. theagentcoma

just me and my dog and an impossible view Supporter

I should not have gone to Red Robin tonight

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. himynameisiain

Regular Supporter

I get ya! I've tried to break it down to smaller changes and building from there which seems to be working for me. Rather than going cold turkey or big changes. I've cut out coke etc and drinking more water at work.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  6. Fletchaaa

Regular Supporter

Yeah it's mostly when I watch a movie or show I feel like I need to have a snack so I might try to switch to just something healthier as I know if I try to just have a little of something it's not going to work lol. I've gone from buying out lunch at work to bringing something healthier everyday which I'm pretty happy with. Also it saves money which is good. We'll see I feel like everything is just habitual so if I can do it for a while hopefully it will be easier.

himynameisiain likes this.
  7. John Lopiano Jan 15, 2019 at 11:24 AM
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2019 at 12:02 PM)
    John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

So when I graduated college, I was 22 years old and 5-11/roughly 265 lbs. I was definitely not skinny, but I didn’t feel incredibly overweight. I played basketball multiple times per week, walked around campus, participated in intramural sports, etc. So even though I was chubby, I felt good cause I didn’t treat my body like shit.

Fast forward six years later, I weighed 365 lbs. and between mounting stress at work and a diet that was more convenience than smart, I felt absolutely horrible. The last year or so has been a drain on me mentally too because I look at old pictures of myself and I didn’t realize how over a span of six years I gained over 100 lbs.

Over the last month I’ve really told myself I’ve had enough. I wanna feel like I used to. So I went to the doctor and got some advice based on my body type and health, and I just started a very simple low-fat, low-carb diet to ease into it.

I basically cut out soda and sugary drinks (I was a soda per day type person), started adding more veggies to my diet, substituted some chicken and turkey in where I would normally eat fatty meat, limited myself to one or two days of bread per week (I’m italian, I can’t go cold turkey on pasta and bread totally) and stopped ordering food out.

In four weeks, I’m down to 338 lbs. and most importantly, I feel so much better. No more bloating from the gassy/sugary soda, no more late-night cravings, and no more feeling sick after eating. Our bodies are absolutely incredible. This small change didn’t even involve working out or exercising. I work in an environment where I’m on my feet so I naturally burn 1000-1200 calories per day from just walking at work anyway. But just a small diet change without anything drastic and I’m already seeing results.

Just wanted to share my story because the last two months were really killing me from a mental and emotional standpoint for the first time in my life. I’m the positive, optimistic one in my family and friends, and too many people started noticing a change in me. I knew I had to do something. I know it’ll get tougher from here after the initial weight loss, but it’s a marathon not a sprint.

8. ncarrab

Trusted

Congratulations! Cutting out pop and fast food/take out is literally half the battle in my opinion. Keep it up!

John Lopiano likes this.
  9. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

Anyone interested in some of the exercise supersets my personal trainer has been having me do on days we don’t meet up? Figure they might be good additions to anyone’s routine

10. RJ Knorr

Regular Supporter

Since the start of the year I’ve been doing intermittent fasting (16:8). I’ve been very strict about eating dinner before 7pm then being done with food for the day. I’ve also cut out sweets/desserts entirely.

I weighed myself today and I’ve lost 9 pounds