Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 75

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

It’s not cool how much weight I’ve put on this semester. This was to be expected as this happens every semester, but not like this. Ya boi got hit hard lol. Three more weeks

Dirty Sanchez and GrantCloud like this.
  2. I've been sick for two weeks and there's just no way I'm going to go work out and cough all over people. Winter is always tough because when I get sick, I stay sick for a long time.

3. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I've been doing the keto diet for five weeks and at four weeks I was down 22 pounds. Pants I haven't been able to fit in for a year and a half now fit - but I need a belt. I've done zero working out. I'm going to start though to see more results.

4. Kiana Dec 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2018)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I had such a stressful day. Emotionally exhausting to the point where I was physically exhausted. Got to work early, stayed late, super drained but still went to the gym!

LWS, RJ Knorr, Dirty Sanchez and 2 others like this.
  5. Kiana

Also my gym has been so crowded lately you'd think it was New year's resolution time. I'm guessing people who previously worked out outside are seeking refuge in the gym because it's so freezing cold lately, but it sucks for me cuz I feel like there's no room on any of the cardio machines boo

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Don't know what kind of gym you go to, but for the longest time I was going to a budget gym (Blink Fitness) and those gyms were always packed with people no matter the day or time. All cardio machines were always taken, and you basically had to wait on line to use the free weights. Best decision I ever made was to just pay the extra $20 a month and go to a more upscale place. Twice the size with half the people.

7. Kiana

my gym is one of the more popular in town just because it's the only one that's like a fitness club and family-friendly with like a pool and batting cages and a basketball hoop and extra things but it's never this crowded usually

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I walked 7 miles yesterday, half of that on the beach. I'm sore from that haha

Dirty Sanchez, Kiana and GrantCloud like this.
  9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

finally got back into my routine this week, feels real good

10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Started with a personal trainer yesterday and I'm so stoked. This is exactly what I've needed - someone who's able to teach me what to do as well as set up a program to keep me motivated. He's also managing my diet, which is super important. My body hurts, I can't really lift my arms, but for the first time since I started trying to get into fitness, I'm not complaining. Though, the eating is definitely going to be the most challenging part of this. I'm very skinny, so eating 3000 calories a day is something I have to work up to because its so much food to put in this tiny stomach of mine haha. I'll get there

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I hear ya @LuigiPeppercorn

It took me a long time to realize that I don’t each as much as I should and that that’s why I’m as skinny as I am. I’ve never had a big appetite, but at times I can eat a lot (such as eating a full pizza in one sitting) but I can also go long periods without eating a lot and just having some small snacks. Also weirdly enough, if I’m busy at work I’ll only have a small snack. If I stop for a full meal then I’ll lose track of what I’m doing and never get back in the swing of things so I avoid large meals during the work week for lunch and then end up having a bagel or a bowl of cereal for dinner.

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Did legs today. Now that I know what death feels like I'm not so scared for the after life

13. Kiana

I passed out last week kind of out of nowhere and I'm going to get blood work done tomorrow to figure out what the deal is. As a consequence I feel like I am not exercising the way I should because I'm just so tired and exhausted all the time. I hope I can get things back on track because working out was such a great form of self care for me and I have just completely been slacking on it. the thought of losing all my progress really stresses me out and I don't like it cuz I have been slacking a bit for a while, but now I am more so

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just got a dog last week and I've really fallen off from my typical 5 day a week gym routine. I get so nervous leaving her alone lol I may have to start setting up an at home workout routine

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I let myself go badly all summer and fall and put on 30 lbs. I started a one meal a day routine and am on day 8 and down 9 lbs. Simple. Drink lots of water and only eat once a day. And make it healthy under 1000 calories. Hoping to lose 30lbs in 2 weeks. Christmas is gonig to be tough though. Will cheat for sure.

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Is that safe? I thought the average person needs at least 1500 calories a day to survive.

17. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

sure why not. sure Im a bit weak and sluggish, but a person can go three days without food. Look at those reality tv shows like Survivor or naked and affraid.

18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like that’s a bit questionable as you probably aren’t getting all the daily nutrients you need in one meal, but hey, I guess do what suits you personally.

19. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Does anyone have any advice what to do on when they’ve hit a plateau on their results?

20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

6C8CE497-EBED-4D1E-87E3-F6A4F26A7A6C.jpeg Day so far

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Officially entered my gym’s challenge. I’m gonna die.

22. someone give me a foolproof way to wake up at 4:30am to go to the gym

23. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Set your phone alarm to extra loud with no snooze option and have it all the way on the other side of the room so when it goes off you need to get out of your warm bed. have your clothes laid out the night before for the gym and a bag packed for clothes you may need after and shower stuff. worked for me.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hitting close to 3 weeks paleo, definitely liking how I am feeling, noticing the love handles melting away just a little bit. Now i need to kick my ass into gear to just do some cardio at least 4 days a week.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  25. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I did strict paleo for about 7 months years ago. I also enjoyed it.

oldjersey likes this.