Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Health & Fitness • Page 73

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Firefly, Apr 7, 2016.

1. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

There’s s good amount of IF videos on YouTube and I watched a lot and researched before I started doing it and found it quite helpful

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It works. I've lost about 10 lbs since August doing this/eating less in general. I haven't changed my diet really or worked out at all.

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

And you're a Doctor with a Tim Riggins avatar, i'm sold.

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm not big on eating in the morning, so IF is real nice for me. Due to my schedule my window is generally 12-9/10pm, and I haven't had any real problems. More maintenance than weight loss at this point for me.

5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I work about 7 AM and need breakfast. So I will generally make oatmeal mixed with protein and some Greek yogurt. It’s simple but effective.

6. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I do an 18/6 fast sun-thu just because it works best for my schedule. There's a ton of other benefits linked to fasting aside from weight loss like anti-inflammation, cognitive health, anti-cancer, etc. I wrote a paper on it a while ago, actually. It's neat stuff.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Ran 8.5mph for 10 minutes last night without even feeling one bit tired.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

I did my 5K yesterday but I had no energy and walked a good portion of it and finished 8 minutes slower than last week. Still happy with myself for doing it, but I'm gonna take a nap and then try again tonight I think

RJ Knorr, Kiana and GrantCloud like this.
  10. ChaseTx

Slightly better time tonight but due to hills I think it's ok

11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Kinda tweaked my right tricep doing bench presses over the weekend, I hope a night off from the gym helps it recover a bit. Otherwise I might pick up some rock tape.

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Going hardcore keto again and it’s plucking me up. Having to go to restroom every hour lol. As I have forced myself to drink gallons of water to allow the process to work.

GrantCloud, Ken and ChaseTx like this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I started intermittent fasting today. So far so good, it’s really not a problem for me. It already made me find out that I’m fine with drinking my coffee black now though which somehow makes me feel old as fuck, haha.

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve literally ate like garbage this last weekend, this week at the gym will be rough

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Man weekend workouts are v satisfying

Dirty Sanchez and LWS like this.
  16. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Two more miles on this elliptical and I’m done.

Kiana likes this.
  17. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've been slacking. I love my gym but part of me wants to switch to the 24hr gym because the Ltd hours are annoying. Like today it doesn't open until 8 but I need to leave town at 9 and it gives me like no time. I hate feeling rushed at the gym. And I'm awake now, but it's not open. And knowing me I'll get tired and fall back asleep like right when I should be getting up for the gym. Sigh.

18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

24hr gym is amazing! I got here at 6am, and have the place to myself.

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’m getting a personal trainer for Jan-Mar and doing Gold’s Gym Challenge. His client last year won the $5,000 prize for our age group.

St. Nate and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

At first I thought “what’s Jan-Mar? Some kind of competition?”

I’ve been up three hours and I’m not still not fully awake it seems.

Garrett L. likes this.
  21. Kiana

There's def pros and cons. My current gym is the one everyone I know is signed up for so it can be a nice social thing if a friend wants to go. Plus it has the indoor pool I can take my nephew to and the sauna and stuff. The 24hr one has none of that but costs the same. But has better hours obv. Idk idk. I want the best of both worlds!!

22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m almost at the point where I think I could go shirtless at the pool and be comfortable.

Last few years I’ve worn a shirt into pool.

23. Kiana

I started wearing swimsuit tops a few years ago after just refusing to swim for years. I wasn't even smart enough to wear a shirt I just like wouldn't swim and I'd die in the heat. But I still can't wear bottoms because I get super self conscious cause women's bottoms are rly just underwear with different material. I always have to wear like shorts made for water and I feel insecure. One day!

24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, actually, I might continue wearing shirts into the pool as I won’t have to apply so much sunscreen lol.

GrantCloud and Kiana like this.
  25. Kiana

Me everyday: I'm gonna have a stomach like Britney Spears circa 2003!

Also me: eat all the pasta and bread.

Sigh such conflicting interests lol. I think I could do it in moderation tho. But I have a hard time turning down food because it's such a treat/reward in my head. Like last night I had dinner with a friend and wasn't even hungry so I should've ordered a drink or a small side or something but I was like NAW GOTTA HAVE ALL THE FOOD CAUSE IT'S A TREAT. I didn't rly eat any of it which is also wasteful, but it's a hard habit to break. Like I'm convinced if I don't get all the fries or all the bread every single time it's just the worst thing ever, even tho I feel fine after eating like a side salad with my meal. I know I can still eat fries, but I don't need them EVERY TIME. I was good at making these little changes for a while but I've gone back to emotional and impulsive eating